• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Geira Guide Book

Sirage

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Santiago 2005 and a few more since
I am in Braga and wish to buy a “physical paper” copy of the guide for de Geira.

Is this possible and if so where? I imagine it will be useful. Does the author have copies at his home????????

I am here in Braga for a few days.

I have a gps track, wisepilgrim website has information on route and accommodation, as well as the 2021?? post by @jungleboy & @Wendy Werneth

[ The tourist information office was friendly but didn’t recommend this route (in the extreme sense of don’t do it) and wasn’t helpful ]

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Best to contact Henrique Malheiro in Braga. I included his phone number in my write-up for Braga on the Wise Pilgrim website.
I made contact with him and he sent a list of accommodation options and offered to help if needed.

[[ A few phone numbers aren’t in WhatsApp which is a problem for me. ]]

Also there is an issue with the track to Terras de Bouro and no one should attempt to walk it

It seems to me that any reference to Terras should be removed as it is effectively no longer part of this Caminho . I am assuming the track is effectively unwalkable and not worth reinstating and maintaining because of so few who might walk it.

Perhaps you could clarify with Henrique and probably delete it from your notes on wisepilgrim and add notes on the alternative track - there is a reference on wikiloc which is useful, but useless if you don’t know about it.

The alternative track is well marked (apparently!! ) but its kml file is not readily available although I have it.

There is also a story about a landslide on the track of which I have no details.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back