• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Great website especially for new pilgrims

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
I was not sure where to post this. If this isn't the right place sorry about this.
I don't remember how i stumbled across this website, maybe it was from another posting on the forum but anyway"

IF YOU CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH OPEN THIS IN GOOGLE CHROME. THE TRANSLATION IS EXCELLENT!

This site has a wealth of information for 7 different Camino routes. There is of course information regarding Aalbergues, stages, maps etc. I think what is really good about this site is the Consejos or TIps in English. There is excellent and concise information especially for new pilgrims.From planning. to packing, to taking care of yourself, how to walk, the importance of rest, pacing, eating. Just a whole host of different things. I am sure if a new pilgrim read this site they would have many of their questions answered for them in one spot. I found it to be a great site. Hope if you take a look you will walk away with some good advice, or learn something new. Buen Camino.
If I learned about this website here thanks to whoever made me aware of it.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was not sure where to post this. If this isn't the right place sorry about this.
I don't remember how i stumbled across this website, maybe it was from another posting on the forum but anyway"

IF YOU CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH OPEN THIS IN GOOGLE CHROME. THE TRANSLATION IS EXCELLENT!

This site has a wealth of information for 7 different Camino routes. There is of course information regarding Aalbergues, stages, maps etc. I think what is really good about this site is the Consejos or TIps in English. There is excellent and concise information especially for new pilgrims.From planning. to packing, to taking care of yourself, how to walk, the importance of rest, pacing, eating. Just a whole host of different things. I am sure if a new pilgrim read this site they would have many of their questions answered for them in one spot. I found it to be a great site. Hope if you take a look you will walk away with some good advice, or learn something new. Buen Camino.

Thank you for posting this, it’s great! 👍🏼

Thank you for sharing this. 🙏

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Wow! The prices have at least doubled since my last Camino in 2016!

Wow! The prices have at least doubled since my last Camino in 2016!
The prices listed for the Spanish albergues seem to be in the 8-12 region which is about what they were when a friend walked the French way 4 years ago.
I noticed that the prices listed in the French albergues were typically higher.

The prices listed for the Spanish albergues seem to be in the 8-12 region which is about what they were when a friend walked the French way 4 years ago.
I noticed that the prices listed in the French albergues were typically higher.
They are more than twice what I paid in 2013 and 2016.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Maybe we were staying in different albergues. The range of 8-12 euros sounds like what I was charged at albergues in 2016, not double.
I agree. I walked the CF 2 years ago and the Norte last year and yes in a few of the private albergues prices went up some but so did the quality as opposed to 2012. The muni's and the simpler albergues were about the same price or maybe a Euro or 2 more. The biggest jump I noticed were the Pilgrim Menus. My first camino those were usually 8. I even saw some slightly cheaper. Rarely were they that good either. The last couple of years I see menus that usually start at 10-12 and go to about 15 Euros. The few times I had a Pilgrim Menu didn't seem to be that much better. But I am a minuscule sample size and didn't eat it that much.

Thank you for the information!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

This is a fantastic website, also for oldtimers. Thank you so much for sharing it, and a well-deserved reason to wish you (and all others) a happy new walking year, as soon as the vaccine has been injected (only weeks ahead)!

This is a fantastic website, also for oldtimers. Thank you so much for sharing it, and a well-deserved reason to wish you (and all others) a happy new walking year, as soon as the vaccine has been injected (only weeks ahead)!
Thanks so much Alexwalker. Every day brings us one day closer to the vaccination and then taking that first step.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back