• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Greatings from Santiago

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
just back from finisterra,the weather has cleared,the fireworks ended (I hope)
thoughts from abroad buy a Farmacia you will get rich.
the insects are lining the route to the Airport to wave goodby to their food supply
I fly tommorow they have time for one last meal
( I would not have missed one minute of the last 6 weeks)
Ian

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Welldone Ian!

Have followed your blog every day and wish that I could have walked the whole camino this year instead of only doing SJPP to Burgos. Your blog is very informative with beautiful photos.

annie

Ian, thank you for sharing your blog with all. It has been good to read and know your thoughts. Though you have finished the first part of the Camino, the rest is left to walk. Once starting the Camino, it may never end because there is always the Way before us. Can we remember the lessons of Santiago and implement them in the more quiet path of daily living where we often walk seemingly so alone? With so many significant changes in your life, you have some pretty significant decisions to make. I am sure they have weighed on you. You may remember the old poem, "The Touch of the Master's Hand", by Myra Welch; if not, it may be worth googling it. The tender heart hears the voice so much more clearly because the heart is open while the mind has been closed 'ere too long. May God's greatest blessings be upon you and your family and may peace and joy be your constant companions for the rest of your life's Camino.

MIke

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It sounds from the blog like you have had a quite a roisterous camino! I'm glad it's been fun.

Have a safe journey back to Norfolk and family and whatever next - now you can put up with snorers you can probably face anything with equinamity!

Bridget

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back