A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Happy Saint James Day!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
(Frances)(Portuguese)
We enjoyed the festivities in Santiago from the roof of our hotel this evening. We had a great view of the fireworks and the show looked amazing ( they streamed the show live on tv). We wished, however, that we were down with the crowd. We feel very fortunate to have finished our Camino just in time for the celebrations.

Advertisment

I just found this on YouTube:
Although it's not a professional footage it still serves to picture this magnificent event for us that weren't able to be there.

Enjoy ;)
Wonderful!!! Thanks so much kinky. I am so glad to see that they brought back the light show, now on the Pazo de Raxoi while the scaffolding continues. I had to do some searching to find out what this year's story line was about --had never heard of the Festa de Candal. Turns out it was a 17th century horse race in honor of Santiago. I am not a big fan of crowds but I have endured them to be in Obradoiro for one saints day and would love to return!!! Thanks for letting us enjoy from afar.

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled SJPP to SDC September 2016
Starting Camino Ingles June 2018
Thanks Sybil, and thank you for organising last nights gathering. We really enjoyed it and it was so nice to meet you and the other Forum members. The fireworks were just amazing.
Today we queued for two hours for the pilgrim mass. It was a privilege to be a part of it.
Mike

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Thanks Sybil, and thank you for organising last nights gathering. We really enjoyed it and it was so nice to meet you and the other Forum members. The fireworks were just amazing.
Today we queued for two hours for the pilgrim mass. It was a privilege to be a part of it.
Mike
It was a pleasure hosting you all! Glad that you made it into the pilgrim mass! Safe journey home and Buen Camino de la Vida, SY

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances ( March 2015 )
Camino Portugues ( September 2015 )
It's also the feast of St Christopher today. My name day!
It was only last year that I noticed the connection.
Gee I can be dumb at tines

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%