Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Help please!!!

Natalie

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I have to say, I was initially a bit apprehensive about starting my walk, but this web site seems to have the answers to about everything and having now realised I've spent the best part of a few hours looking through it, I feel much better!

A question though, if anyone can help....

I will be starting my walk next year with a view to arriving in Santiago on 25th July, however, I can only manage to take two weeks off work to walk part of the way. Does anyone have any suggestions over where would be a sensible place to start to allow me to enjoy the expereince as much as possible in such a limited amount of time?

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

William Marques

Staff member
Getting there for St James's day

Natalie

I know you will realise from what you have read on this site that to arrive in Santiago on St James's day will be hectic and exciting. As long as you are prepared for plenty of people to be on the route with you and a squeeze at the refugios you will have a great time.

As to where to start given that you have two weeks off work and have to get there and back in the time you will probably only have 12 walking days or so (assuming you are from Europe). I would suggest starting in Astorga if you are fit and confident of walking or perhaps Ponferrada or Villafranca if you want to take things easily.

Buen Camino
William

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances