• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hospederia del Monasterio de Santa Rosalia

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Has anyone stayed here?

Here is the information in Spanish:
El Monasterio de Santa Rosalía cuenta con una Casa de Oración donde ofrece a quienes se acerquen la posibilidad de experimentar unos días de silencio y recogimiento. Es una estupenda posibilidad para disfrutar de la estancia en un lugar distinto, íntimo y acogedor, inbuido del sabor monacal propio del lugar donde se encuentra. En la casa de Oración se respira el encanto de la sencillez franciscana y el primor propio de las cosas hechas con el corazón. Es muy idóneo para la celebración de uno o varios días de convivencia o retiro ofreciendo la posibilidad de comidas para grupos.

La Casa de Oración se encuentra en una zona independizada de la clausura, concretamente en el antiguo noviciado. Un edificio de principios del siglo XVIII que consta de un patio claustral en torno al cual se distribuyen las habitaciones. Entre las zonas comunes, cuenta con un salón (antiguo Locutorio) que está a disposición de todos los visitantes equipqdo con televisión. Asimismo hay un comedor donde se puede desayunar y celebrar comidas en caso de encontrarse realizando un Retiro espiritual. Mediante la planta alta se puede acceder tanto a un salón de reuniones y conferencias equipado con megafonía, como al Coro Alto de la iglesia desde el que puede asistir al Oficio Divino rezado por las Hermanas en la iglesia. La Casa cuenta con habitaciones sencillas, dobles, triples,(siempre con camas individuales), amuebladas, todas equipadas con baño interior y climatizadas. Estas estancias son aseadas diariamente cambiando sábanas y toallas si lo presisan.El convento no cuenta con la posibilidad de aparcamiento.

Igualmente el Convento ofrece a los Peregrinos del Camino de Santiago que se encuentren caminando por la Ruta de la Plata la posibilidad de alojarse en el Monasterio en una zona destinada a este fin. Estas habitaciones son comunes con baño compartido.

Para alojarse en el Monasterio, se pueden hacer las reservas en el teléfono 682313072 en horario de 9 a 13 h de lunes a sábado, o bien mediante el correo electrónico casadeoracion.capuchinas@gmail.com, no existiendo ninguna otra forma de contactar con las hermanas. Los peregrinos del Camino de Santiago no tienen posibilidad de reservar la habitación estando disponibles diariamente hasta completar aforo. El horario de recepción es de 9.00h a 13.00h y de 16.00h a 20.30h no habiendo posibilidad de recoger las llaves fuera de este horario. Una vez recogidas las llaves no hay limitación horaria para salir o entrar al recinto.

Con esta iniciativa las Hermanas intentan recaudar fondos destinados al mantenimiento tanto de la comunidad, la conservación y restauración del edificio, declarado Bien de Interés Cultural y la atención caritativa de muchas familias que se acercan al Monasterio pidiendo ayuda.

and in English via Google Translate:

The Monastery of Santa Rosalia has a prayer house where those who approach offers the possibility of experiencing a few days of silence and recollection. It's a great opportunity to enjoy a stay in a different place, intimate and cozy inbuido own monastic flavor of where you are. Prayer At exudes the charm of Franciscan simplicity and delicacy own things made with heart. It is very suitable for holding one or more days together or retreat offering the ability to cater for groups.

The House of Prayer is located in an area of ​​the closure independizada, particularly in the old novitiate. A building from the early eighteenth century consisting of a cloistered courtyard around which the rooms are distributed. Among the areas, has a lounge (old Locutorio) that is available to all visitors equipqdo TV. There is also a dining room serving breakfast and lunches should be doing a retreat. By floor can access both a meeting room equipped with loudspeakers and conferences, and the top of the church choir from which you can attend the Divine Office prayed for the Sisters in the church. The House has single, double, triple, (long twin), furnished, all equipped with bathroom inside and heated. These rooms are cleaned daily changing sheets and towels if presisan.El convent does not have the possibility of parking.

Convent also offers the Camino de Santiago pilgrims who are walking down the Ruta de la Plata the opportunity to stay at the monastery in an area for this purpose. These are common rooms with shared bathroom.

To stay at the monastery, you can make reservations call 682313072 from 9 am to 13 pm Monday through Saturday, or by email casadeoracion.capuchinas @ gmail.com, there being no other way to contact the sisters. Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago have no possibility to book the room to be available daily to fill seats. The reception is open from 9.00am to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 8:30 p.m. having no possibility to collect keys after hours. Once collected the keys no time limitation to exit or enter the enclosure.

With this initiative the Sisters try to raise funds for both the community maintenance, conservation and restoration of the building, declared a Cultural and charity care for many families who come to the monastery for help.

Are they saying you cannot book a room if you are a Pilgrim?
What if you just booked a regular room there - is that possible?
I can email, just thought I'd ask in the forum first if anyone has stayed here.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Annie,
I think this is the key information:

Igualmente el Convento ofrece a los Peregrinos del Camino de Santiago que se encuentren caminando por la Ruta de la Plata la posibilidad de alojarse en el Monasterio en una zona destinada a este fin. Estas habitaciones son comunes con baño compartido

There is also the possibility for pilgrims to spend the night in the Monastery in a separate part dedicated to that use. These rooms have a shared bath.

And then:
Los peregrinos del Camino de Santiago no tienen posibilidad de reservar la habitación estando disponibles diariamente hasta completar aforo. El horario de recepción es de 9.00h a 13.00h y de 16.00h a 20.30h no habiendo posibilidad de recoger las llaves fuera de este horario. Una vez recogidas las llaves no hay limitación horaria para salir o entrar al recinto.

Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago cannot reserve rooms, which will be available on a daily basis until they are all occupied. Schedule for being received is 9-1, 4-8, and there is no way to get the keys outside of those hours. Once you ahve the keys, you can come and go as you please.

where is this place anyway? I never heard of it! Laurie

I don't know! :::laughing::
I just ran across it.
I'm on my way to town right now, but will try to find it when I get back this afternoon.
I thought maybe somebody had stayed there.
Maybe I can make 'regular' reservations instead of a pilgrim bed.
I don't want to chance cancelling my other reservations until I know I have a bed.
But it looks nice and quiet!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Annie and Laurie,

Here is more info with pictures about the Hospederia del Monasterio de Santa Rosalia, located within the historic center of Seville. It looks wonderful and the price can be beat !! See this link >> http://es.paperblog.com/hospederia-y-co ... la-800416/

I have never stayed there, but will add it to my 'some day' list.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

I made reservations for a private room here. It was 25 euros per night. Although I could have found less expensive lodging in Sevilla, this seemed like a perfect start to my Camino. There was a deposit required which meant bank transfer. This is a huge problem when coming from the USA. We are charged a minimum if $30 for bank transfers here. I was able to Paypal a friend the cash and she sent a money order.

They do have pilgrim beds for half the price but those cannot be reserved. I wanted to be sure to have a bed so was willing to pay more.

My only problem now is finding the place. If anyone can provide good walking instructions from the main train station I would appreciate the help. I have not been able to find this on the maps I have at hand although I believe it isn't far from the Cathedral.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks Margaret. Just saw this. I ended up donating my deposit and starting in Zafra. But maybe someone will report on this place.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.