• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels from Roncesvalles to Pamplona?

candybellenash

My mother and I will be hiking this route, and because of her age, we will need hotels with private rooms/bathrooms each night. I am open to considering other segments or routes - like a part of the GR-11 - and am open to hiking for 5-10 miles each morning, followed by a bus or taxi to the next town that has a hotel. We will be hiking from 15-20 September only. Any help is appreciated. I've procrastinated planning and will be in big trouble with my mother!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Casa de Beneficiados
C. Unica 2
31650 Roncesvalles, Spain
948 760 105

Hotel Roncesvalles
C. Unica s/n
31650 Roncesvalles, Spain
948 760 105

La Posada
C/ Única S/N
31650 Orreaga/roncesvalles, Spain
948 760 225

Burguete
San Nikolas Karrika 71
31640 Auritz/burguete, Spain
948 760 005

Hostal Haizea
Ctr. Pamplona - Valcarlos, km 41
31694 Aurizberri - Espinal, Spain
948 760 379

Casamaitetxu, casas rurales
c/San Pedro, 12,
31695 Biskarret/Guerendiain, Spain
669 755 563

Hostal Gau Txori
Avenida Roncesvalles KM 21
31630 Esteribar, Spain
948 304 076

Hosteria de Zubiri
Avda. Roncesvalles 6
31630 Zubiri / Esteribar, Spain
948 304 329

Akerreta
C/ Transfiguración 11
31698 Esteribar, Spain
948 304 572

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Falcon: Thanks for the excellent list. Going through each town and hotel, the route looks pretty promising. Do you happen to know if all hotels must be booked in advance? And if it's feasible to find transportation (taxis, buses) at points where the hike is too long? Many thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The buses and taxis are easy to get-just ask the hotel receptionist and they will help you.There is a possibility to get your luggage transported to the next hotel as well- just ask for the service. I stayed at a hotel only a couple of times -Hosteria de Zubiri and in Pamplona at the hotel Eslava. At both hotels a breakfast was included.

Along the camino there are many casa rurals,too. One in Espinal (ask the bar (Posada) owner in Roncesvalles) three rooms with kitchen and a bath room 80€ for 4 people).
Reservation beforehand? Yes if you want plan down to the details,send your luggage ahead etc. But it should be enough if you ask the hotel receptionist to call the next hotel and make the reservation when you are checking in.

The pros for the hotel: private space,your own shower anda bathroom,a long nights sleep in, so snorers, free internet, luggage transport.
The cons: don´t meet many other pilgrims, sleep late in the morning and start walking late (if it is HOTHOTHOT the earlier you start the better).
buen camino
annie

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back