A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

How busy is (the albergues at) El Camino del Norte in June?

Camino(s) past & future
july 2013
Hi everyone,

I am heading for the Northern Way in a few days, and I am very excited to go, since I have already walked the French Way and the stretch from Irun til Bilbao at the Norte (where I was camping at the woods) - and something seemed to drag me back to Spain :)

This time I am traveling on my own on a low budget, and thus I have expectations to head for the cheapest albergues. I am a trained walker and like to walk all day and enjoy the afternoons where most of the pilgrims have already arrives to their destinations. Hence I want to know if anyone knows about the density of pilgrims at the route and the albergues in June? Is it possible to get a cheap bed, even if you are arriving late in the afternoon or the evenings?

For me, the most amazing thing about walking is, that you don't have to worrying about rush and deadlines :)

Best regards
Stefanie

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Last year I walked from Astorga to Santiago. (2015)
This summer I am planning to walk from SJPP to Santiago in June (2016)
Hi everyone,

Hi Stefanie! I'm Shiv from Ireland! I am heading this week also and a similar thing. I prefer to walk much longer than the usual (stopping at lunch time). I also want to complete the Camino Frances in 23 days so I plan for loooong days of walking. :) I also hope that the albergues won't fill up. Some people say that if you ring ahead to an albergue then they can reserve a bed for you. Hopefully it won't be a problem! Buen Camino! :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June