• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How do you "relieve yourself" when a toilet is not available?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That's a whatif that's not worth being concerned about and if you end up for whatever reason getting diarrhea my best advice is to stay in whatever town you can until you recover

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Toilet paper or tissue paper, (not wet wipes) and hand sanitiser kept handily in your pocket, a trowel is optional, otherwise a shoe with a tough enough heel to dig a hole or at least scuff earth over the remains and above all the realisation that we are all human and an emergency is an emergency and no time to worry about the proprieties. But it probably won't happen.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Women: Get a Kula cloth. Game changer for pee. Readily available, online, REI, etc. I used it for the Camino, hiking, backpacking, etc.
I bought a little bottle stopper called a culo clean on Amazon, you can fit it to a regular water bottle and use it for flushing your bits. Then you might not even need the Kula cloth!

I have now changed the name of that thread, included the word "toilet" in the title for easier searching, and added the FAQ tag to it! That should help in future .
Thank you! I didn’t really want to post that question!!!! That will make it easier for the next person.

I am bringing a Shewee (different brand) and planning on this system. (Not in the middle of the path, though -- how inconsiderate.)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Kitchen paper. Tear off at least a metre length of the roll. Poo onto it and then wrap up it all up.

Most read last week in this forum