• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Huesca - Camino Aragonés

beccamitch

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances in April/May 2024
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days offer little shops/bars so am a bit worried about having to carry lots of food with me. I know my next stop will be Bolea but from there I need to make more of a definite plan. Can anyone who’s done this route offer some tips?

Also do people recommend going through Lumbier, or do most people cut below it. Thanks !!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Most skip Lumbier, which is a shame. Most skip Javier, too, plus San Juan de la Pena! What’s the rush, folks?!?! Yes, visit all of those.

As for walking from Huesca, no idea.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Gronze.com breaks it up into 3 stages from Huesca.

Note that Gronze has Bolea to Santa Cilia on the Aragonese as two stages but there is no lodging at Peña Estación. Figure on three days, Bolea - Sarsamarcuella - Ena (or Botaya) - Santa Cilia.

I say bring food for these stages. There is a local social club in Sarsamarcuella where you might get something for dinner; I don't think you can count on it although I did eat there several years ago. Check Gronze.

You may want to stop overnight in Loarre to have time to visit their fantastic castle up the hill. There is lodging there, including a campground, but the prices are on the higher side. More on the castle and such can be found on this short thread:

Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days offer little shops/bars so am a bit worried about having to carry lots of food with me. I know my next stop will be Bolea but from there I need to make more of a definite plan. Can anyone who’s done this route offer some tips?

Also do people recommend going through Lumbier, or do most people cut below it. Thanks !!!
Sorry- I don't know anything about the route from Huesca to Santa Cilia. We'll be walking the Aragonés (from Oloron) in May and plan to go through Lumbier to see the gorges and the vultures.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back