• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Important points for the Camino?

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
I want to share a website with you that has actually been shared before in here a few years ago_

http://eng.ultreia.info/

Distinguished members of this forum have said it better and more elaborate before, but all in all, I think this website says a lot for new members here: Very educational. But read all of it, please.

Which brings me to the point of this post: For all firsttimers; Take your time to think about why you want to walk, and put your matters into perspective, especially all things relating to your own life. You may reap much more from your Camino than just the picnic walk you originally thought it would be. The Camino beholds a strange power that I hope you will experience, and a secret (or rather, many) that I hope you will discover on your way. Many have. And do not rush your walk; rather: Reflect and think.

I wish you all the best.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
yes indeed Alex. I must say, I never know what to expect but it is always good. I've just returned from 11 days walking the Coastal Camino from Oporto in rain and gales. The walk required massive physical effort but my memories are not of any discomfort but my senses being bombarded with the scent of eucalyptus, the greens shouting "life", the roar of the wind through hillsides of oak, the salt sea air from the carshing, cleansing waves and skin wet, defining the fronteir between my body and the elements. More than this though is a profound inner energy and peace and a desire to contribute more to life, to others and to myself.
New caminantes can trust that the Camino itself, the walking, will be transforming in itself but I agree with you, an intention to let go of everything, anxieties, resentments, beliefs, prejudices, addictions etc.etc. gives the new pilgrim a head start.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great site, Alex. Thanks for posting the link. I'm only sorry that I hadn't seen before I made my Camino.
Jim

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back