• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Injinji Wool Liners Only?

OPN1101

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer, 2024 - Frances
Considering using Injinji wool liners without another sock on top. Both a weight saving and, since I'll be on the Camino in summer, less heat & sweat for my feet. Anyone have experience using just a liner?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I have wide feet and have trouble getting shoes to fit. I have worn ininji sox solo but not by choice. I purchased New Balance shoes with vibram soles in my size however they weren't big enough. I had worn this size in New Balance runners for years Previously I wore ininji sox and merino wool.sox with my runners on two caminos.

I ended up giving away my merino wool sox this time. The ininji sox x2 survived until I got home but I was happy to throw them in the bin. They were thin and mangy after five weeks . I met a german woman who wore them solo with her runners but she was only walking for a week.
Personally, I would just wear a thin pair of merino wool sox if in the same situation.
I still had a blister near my big toe but less blisters overall interestingly because my precious foot had less room to move. Despite that I preferred the larger runners.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have a pair of wool Injinji toe socks I have never worn, but I thought they were full socks, not liners. Do they sell two thicknesses?

On Thursday I saw a pair of injinji socks, worn inside injinjinshoes! A Dutch visitor to the Dublin St James information centre. Jealous? Yes.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It didn’t work for me. The Ininji socks wore through very quickly at the points that rub in the shoe. Less than a 100 km. I get pretty good mileage if I wear them inside a non-ininji sock. Currently at about 700 km and just starting to show some wear points. Might not be the same for you, as I have bunions and that creates some different wear points.
A related point: I bought mid weight of both and next time I am going to risk lightweight of both. On the colder nights, mid weight socks are just taking too long to dry on the Camino I’m currently on.

I'm looking for the same info. I have worn the liner inside wool socks and it keeps me from toe blisters which I am prone to. I'm seeing a lot of wool injinis and wonder if they alone would do double duty. I'll be walking the Primitivo in late summer.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, it can be hot in the summer. It really depends if you will have a combination of socks (Injinji liners) and shoes that will prevent blisters and sore spots. That’s what will count. I have used Injinji liners and a thin no-show ankle sock and this combination has been great for me even in the hot summer days. Try out your combination and see how it goes.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Considering using Injinji wool liners without another sock on top. Both a weight saving and, since I'll be on the Camino in summer, less heat & sweat for my feet. Anyone have experience using just a liner?
I wore only the thinnest injinji liners with my hiking boots for the entire Frances. I never got a blister. I trained in them for 8 months before I went. I have foot and ankle problems that require a close boot and tight ankle support. Thicker socks are painful and make my ankles wobble. They do wear out, but I found them in hiking stores along the way. Super easy to wash, and just hung them off my pack to dry.

They'll wear out. I use Injinji coolmax liners with good quality ankle socks over them when wearing trail runners. No blisters and the outer socks take the wear.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.