• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is it hard to find a albergue in June on the way of France Camino

Kentchi2000

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning go to walk the Camino on 20160610
from Leon to Santiage
Dear all
I will be on my way of Frances Camino from Leon to Santiago during 10-25 June 2016
Since I am not sure which cities I will be staying at night hence I am not going to book any accommodation then
Could I know is it peak in June , could I get one albergue during that period
By the way , I also could like to know what is the weather look like then , hot weather ?
Thanks alot
Kentchi

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dear all
I will be on my way of Frances Camino from Leon to Santiago during 10-25 June 2016
Since I am not sure which cities I will be staying at night hence I am not going to book any accommodation then
Could I know is it peak in June , could I get one albergue during that period
By the way , I also could like to know what is the weather look like then , hot weather ?
Thanks alot
Kentchi
Hi Kentchi.
You will find ALL the albergues opened. The wheater usually is hot, but quite bearable. Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
When we walked a couple years ago in June, we didn't have any trouble finding beds - not always at our first choice, but usually. We were stopping mid-afternoon, not waiting until 5 or 6 to find a place. We are walking again in June and haven't booked anything beyond our 1st night's accommodation. As you go along, if you sometimes find the albergues full, there are other options - hotels, casa rurales, some people rent rooms in their homes, etc. And of course, there is always the option to walk to the next town, take a taxi onward or backward, or off-route to get accommodation.

I did the stretch between Leon and Santiago at the same time last year. Most days I finished walking by 2 or 3pm and never had any issues finding a bed. The leg between Sarria and Santiago is notoriously busy, so on this section you might want to arrive at albergues earlier rather than later. The only occasion I was unable to find an albergue bed was the second last night on camino and it was after arriving in town well after 5pm. I did find a twin room in a pension for 40 euros though, which I was able to share with a friend.
Re. weather, I was lucky and didn't really have any rain between Leon and Santiago. Generally speaking I found the mornings were cool so I would wear my rain jacket, which didn't provide warmth, but did keep the cool air off. By 10am generally it was warm and by midday it was hot. I am speaking generally and there were some days it didn't get too hot. What constitutes warm and hot varies person to person though, just as the weather varies year to year of course. In any case that was my experience of the same period last year.

July and August are the busiest months. In 2014 and 2015 I walked in May and June and had no problem finding a bed. The weather was good with afternoon temperatures in the 30's most days. Just a couple of cool days and one and a half damp days both times.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is difficult to know in advance where are you going to finish your day, every day. But early in the morning, after café con leche and a talk with fellow walkers you like, you will have a pretty good idea. I would reserve especially in the Sarriá-Compostela stages, because it is more crowded and there are many organized groups that reserve lots of beds.
This way, you will have some flexibility and also peace of mind.

I walked the CF in June 2014. I never had a problem finding a bed and I thought the weather was beautiful. Shorts and t-shirts everyday.
It is impossible to predict either the weather or the bed availability. Don't sweat it.

Dear all
Thanks for the usefull information advice
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I did the stretch between Leon and Santiago at the same time last year. Most days I finished walking by 2 or 3pm and never had any issues finding a bed. The leg between Sarria and Santiago is notoriously busy, so on this section you might want to arrive at albergues earlier rather than later. The only occasion I was unable to find an albergue bed was the second last night on camino and it was after arriving in town well after 5pm. I did find a twin room in a pension for 40 euros though, which I was able to share with a friend.
Re. weather, I was lucky and didn't really have any rain between Leon and Santiago. Generally speaking I found the mornings were cool so I would wear my rain jacket, which didn't provide warmth, but did keep the cool air off. By 10am generally it was warm and by midday it was hot. I am speaking generally and there were some days it didn't get too hot. What constitutes warm and hot varies person to person though, just as the weather varies year to year of course. In any case that was my experience of the same period last year.

Hi Flattmeister
Since you were having the same time same route last year
could I know more information about that ..... should I need to bring the mattress and sleepbag or liner with me ... I am quite concert the weight of my backpack .... I hope it is below 7KG
All the best
Kentchi

Hi Flattmeister
could I know more information about that ..... should I need to bring the mattress and sleepbag or liner with me ... I am quite concert the weight of my backpack .... I hope it is below 7KG
All the best
Kentchi
Hi Kentchi. Bring your sleepbag with you ever. A ligth one, ( 700 gr.)
I´ve been walking diferents Caminos for many years, many kilometres, many circunstances. I never needed a mattress.
Buen Camino.

Hi Flattmeister
All the best
Kentchi
Hi Kentchi, I agree with Pinguigrino, at night it can still be cool so a light sleeping bag is good to have. I never once needed a mattress, that is something you could leave behind.
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back