A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
It's about time, by Johnnie Walker

Camino Book It's about time, by Johnnie Walker [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy (€10.00)
2020 Camino Guides

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
SYates submitted a new resource:

It's about time, by Johnnie Walker - A call to the Camino de Santiago

With “It's about time” the author has accomplished a difficult task, writing a Camino book that is at the same time interesting for those that never have even heard of the Camino as well as those who have walked many. Short paragraphs explain the history of the Camino as well as practical matters like the Credencial and the Compostela. And it's framed by a foreword by Camino author Joyce Rupp and a conclusion by Martin Sheen of 'The Way' fame. But most of the book is about the inner...
Read more about this resource...

PS The print version is available from https://www.caminosociety.com/product-page/it-s-about-time-a-call-to-the-camino-de-santiago

Last edited:

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, Soulac, Norte, Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés
Just purchased my Kindle copy :). Looking forward to reading it on my smartphone on my next camino. Hopefully it will help me understand a bit more about why I am there – again 😃.
Jill

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
You will love it @VNwalking I know that! BC SY
@SYates , in case @Johnnie Walker is not checking in here, please tell him that it is ALL HIS FAULT that I did not get any sleep last night. ;) 🤣:p
(And yes, I'm prepared for the jokes that might ensue...)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(12), Portuguese(13), Finisterre(13), Norte(14Partial), Ingles(17),Via de la Plata(19partial)
Outstanding Book … It will make you cray and laugh …. it shows how everyones experience on the Camino is different and their own ,,,,, Thank you John

ChristinaD

Wandering Foot
Camino(s) past & future
CF May 2017
CF Sept 2017
CF Aug 2019
Purchased my kindle copy and read it thru in one sitting (plenty of tissues nearby). Well done, Johnny Walker and a big TY to SYates for telling us.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
@movinmaggie I just send you a PM, let's see if you can answer there ;-) BC SY
Hi again. I was asking if there was a print version and what the best site would be to order it. I only saw Kindle versions. Johnny had asked me for an article, but I was smack in the middle of a writers conference in Mexico and didn't have the time then, regrettably. Hope you are well. I'll be walking in the Outer Hebrides in late Spring, by then, age 84. Maggie

rector

ONE HALF
Camino(s) past & future
SJ-Sdc MAY (2011)
SJ-Sdc MAY (2014)
Sar-Sdc Oct (2015)
Pon-Sdc Ju (2016)
SJ-Log (2018)
John you have brightened my last week as I read your book with it’s different take on the camino. As I read it I felt that I could almost hear you speak it (always a good sign of authenticity ) I should finish it tonight As our common friend put it at the beginning of this
stream it really is for both the newcomer to the camino and the old hand, however both your deep experience and sage like approach laced with the love for all things Pilgrim shine through "Well done good and faithful servant”! Hope I see you in 2 weeks time.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future

Just a little hint for all of you that bought the book and read it - authors like reviews ;-) So, if you have a bit of time on your hands, a review on Amazon would certainly be appreciated! BC SY

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Just a little hint for all of you that bought the book and read it - authors like reviews ;-) So, if you have a bit of time on your hands, a review on Amazon would certainly be appreciated! BC SY
Done, now that I have finished reading this wonderful book!
Beautiful job, John - THANK YOU.
And thanks for spreading the word, @SYates...

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
See signature
Well, I bought it on Kindle this morning and have just finished it.
I don’t read books about the Camino any more but I made an exception with this one... partly because of the author and partly because it was recommended by @SYates.
It is a wonderful book! So few pages but it filled me with joy and wonder, just like walking a Camino!
Absolutely recommend it. ❤

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Indeed, it is about time! Thanks for the post, and at once the title brought one of my favourite singers to mind. I have just finished the book, sadly! It is too short...
Here is a link to the song of the same name.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
Hospitalera, Zamora Dec 15-31, (2017), Hospitalera Grañón Dec 15-31 (2018)
Finished the book this weekend. Very good read. Loved how he combined the camino preparation topics with stories of the camino. I laughed out loud at the story about the scolding he received for not wearing a hat and had to stop reading for a good cry after reading about the couple he met on the Camino Portuguese.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future

Finished the book this weekend. Very good read. Loved how he combined the camino preparation topics with stories of the camino. I laughed out loud at the story about the scolding he received for not wearing a hat and had to stop reading for a good cry after reading about the couple he met on the Camino Portuguese.
It would be really great if you could put up a review also on Amazon, so that more people get to know it. And, remember, nobody makes any money from this book - all profit goes directly and entirely to support pilgrims and pilgrim's associations. So by helping others to discover this great read, you help future pilgrims in doing their Camino.
BC SY

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
It would be really great if you could put up a review also on Amazon, so that more people get to know it. And, remember, nobody makes any money from this book - all profit goes directly and entirely to support pilgrims and pilgrim's associations. So by helping others to discover this great read, you help future pilgrims in doing their Camino.
BC SY
I did a review of the book when prompted at the end of my read, but I am not sure where that goes. I did buy the book through our Amazon Prime membership, but I am looking on the general Amazon site just now and don't see it listed there. I will go ahead and post a review there as well.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
24 May- 14 July (2016)CF
Review on Amazon is finished, but it says it make take several days to appear.
Janet

MichaelB10398

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago de Compostela, Lourdes to SdC, SJPP to SdC
Just bought the Kindle version and look forward to reading it. Thank you for letting me know about it.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
SYates submitted a new resource:

It's about time, by Johnnie Walker - A call to the Camino de Santiago
PS The print version is available from https://www.caminosociety.com/product-page/it-s-about-time-a-call-to-the-camino-de-santiago
This link is priced in euros (based in Ireland) which will be good for many on the forum.
UK buyers can order a print copy either from CSJ bookshop or direct from Redemptorist publications (the publishers). If you order from the latter you can leave a review, if from the former I think it helps CSJ funds.
Also any Christian bookshop should be able to get it for you if you prefer to support them by buying direct and not on-line.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future

Thank you @Tia Valeria for researching and posting this additional options! And indeed, if you buy from the CSJ, all profits go to support their good works, for example with the albergues in Rabanal and Gaucelmo, as the author has donated his right to royalties ;-) And for those who want to order via a brick and mortar bookshop, here the necessary info:

It' about time
A call to the Camino de Santiago
Johnnie Walker

Redemptorist Publications

ISBN 9780852315552

Happy reading and/or gifting this book ;-)

BC SY

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 168 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 270 24.2%