• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ladies Choice: What shoes did you wear & pro's/cons

manifestdestinyLISA

:? :wink: Hi Lady Veteran Pilgrims,

I have been breaking in my vasque breeze mid's but something does not feel right. Luckily I purchased from REI so I can take them back. I love the lightness, but they are bunching a little. They stretched pretty quick (maybe to quick) and Im not sure mid is the way to go. But since I have no previous experience with this, I would love to hear what you loved or hated or were indifferent about your particular shoes when you completed or during pilgrimmage.

I would love if you wouldn't mind weighing in on what shoes you finished Frances camino with and the pros or cons of your choice. I have been perusing the sierra trading site and they have 375 ladies shoe choices!! I am now leaning toward low, but still think extra ankle support is not a bad idea. Since these are expensive purchase and make ALL the difference- Id love your feedback.

Thank You & Happy Trails :arrow: ,
Lisa

P.S Reading the ladies hiker reviews is not really helpful as there are a lot of "great for gardening"?! Nice color?! Casual use for walking dog etc :roll: !!So, some camino lady critiques would be more relevant & helpful...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Well, i've not done it yet, but I plan to walk this fall in Saucony trainers. I have trail shoes but they're heavier and not as comfey. There are many shoe threads, you might want to peruse some of them for reviews.

Hi, Lisa...
I purchased Lowa Renegade boots and I love them! They have a larger toe box than some boots and my feet don't get tired when I wear them. I did get a half size larger than my normal shoe size because I wear a liner and REI wool/synthetic blend socks. After I made my selection between Merrell and Lowa, the young woman I purchased them from told me that's what she wears. She calls her Lowa's "miracle boots." She loves hikes quite often and said they always feel good.
I am working on my walking schedule again since my trip to SJPP to Santiago de Compostela has been delayed until September. I have yet to get a blister nor feel that my feet were cramped. I feel confident that my ankles will be protected, as well. I hope this is helpful, although boots are definitely a personal decision. Best of luck!!
Buen Camino!
Bozzie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I purchased Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 light, durable, shoes. I found them comfortable and extremely light. I bought the men's boot because they are wider and I had heard that one's feet grow with the weight and the pounding while hiking. I purchased a size larger and three different thickness socks. Within a week or so, my toes were cramped and my feet started to hurt. I ended up walking the rest of the Camino with running sandals.

I was lucky that it was warm and dry last year. Had it been rainy I might not have been as comfortable as I was with the sandals.

After nine months, my feet have not returned to normal size and I have given most of my shoes away.

Buen Camino, hope you walk with happy feet.

Hi Kfun! Wow, I had no idea that our feet might grow too! Luckily you had sandle backup's to get you through.

Regarding your running sandles what type were they? Im also planning on bringing back up sandles.

Thank you for taking the time to answer- its first hand experience - some of the other forums are more about the shoes picked for/ before walking- it's the post review here.

Hope you are treating your feet to lots of massages!
Lisa

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Bozzie,

Maybe we will cross paths in Sept!

I tried the renegade on and they did feel like a sturdy, comfortable & serious boot. I wonder if any ladies on here completed camino with them and what there feedback is. My only concern about the boot is that I wonder if its too much boot/stiff/heavy. I agree though it felt good on my foot but just not as light and airy as the sneaker/hiker type.

I wonder if when going over the pyrennes the first two days if ankle support (mid/trad boot) is helpful or the lighter shoe/sneaker that is more flexible :?: . And for the rest of pilgrimmage / boot or trailrunner to support foot, cushion from rocks and constant standing. I hope some Renegade Vets will weigh in for both of us! They cost some shekels too!

Buen Camino!
Lisa

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Shalom Lisa and Greetings from Jerusalem

I am 64 and have walked the Camino three times in the last three years, twice from St Jean and once from Lisbon. Don't even think about Nike-Adidas-Converse etc. Have mercy on your back your knees and your ankles and get a good hiking boot/shoe. My preference is a 3/4 height Salomon or North Face with a real insert, not a mountain boot which will be devastating on asphalt but hiking footwear plus a pair of Source sandals for evenings and showers. 8-10 kilos on your back plus undulating scenery and you deserve more than a designer shoe. Younger people may get away with it but they will pay the price in the future.

I am a female. I will turn 65 at the end of my Camino in October and plan to wear trail running shoes. I have Brooks Cascadia shoes. I am also training for my 500+ mile hike by doing many long hikes (15-22 miles) back to back with a full pack in those shoes to make sure they work.

Everyone is different and the amount of sport specific training you do may make the difference whether you choose boots or trail running shoes (not regular running shoes). Also whether you have previous injuries.

I have asked this question and seems the answers are all over the place--someone posted that they saw a box load of discarded boots along the way and folks buying trail running shoes instead at local stores. Who knows?

If you can, buy both boots & trail running shoes and test them out with similar distance hikes you plan to do with a full or heavier pack on a similar terrain to see which works best.

Good luck.

when you put on a pair of shoes and they feel like coming home you have come across the right ones

no two feet are the same...

P - wearing solomon speedcross' again this year & against everyones advise ('cept my physiotherapists, she wants a pair of her own...)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have just walked the Primitivo and the late part of the Francés (from Palas de Rei) and was glad of the support my boots gave. They have Vibram soles, good ankle and arch support and being leather are waterproof - and can be rubbed with 'Buffalo' cream to reproof (available in Spain).
When it turned hot I still had enough wriggle room for my toes. Just make sure to buy any footwear at the end of a day, wearing your full sock kit - this gives the best fit - and make sure you have toe space. I wouldn't have wanted to walk in sandals etc and would wear the same again. There are still some rough areas within a few kms of Santiago where I personally would have struggled in sandals or low cut boots/shoes.
My brand is Hi-Tec, but other brands have a similar style. They come to about 2 inches above my ankle bone. Men's fit on left, size 8 (UK) , ladies on the right, size 6 (UK), but go for whichever fits you best and keep your feet happy.
In the albergues etc I wore my Crocs, but others prefer sandals which are heavier to carry.

Buen Camino

Attachments

• new boots.jpg
    new boots.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 4,771
i have been 3 times on the camino, 2 times with a MERREL trecking shoe for summer. it has done more then 1000km and it's like a new shoe. i have never had a more comfortable shoe in my life!!!!
so , i'm planning my next camino with it :)

My son and I both had matching (ladies'!) New Balance trail runners last year. We were very happy with them from SJPP to Los Arcos.

This year, he is wearing mine from last year, and I bought a pair of Jack Wolfskin low hiking shoes. I'm still breaking these in and not particularly thrilled with them so far, but options are extremely limited for hiking gear here in Abu Dhabi. I think the stiffer sole is what is making me uncomfortable, but that is on concrete - I'm hoping it will be a plus on trails.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
After searching at about 8 different hiking store in Madrid, I decided to go with The North Face Havoc GTx. I have thin, flat feet and they were the lightest and most comfortable mid-boots I found. And I really liked all the features. It's basically a high-tech trail runner with additional ankle support. http://youtu.be/IRCqvWzm5-k

I couldn't find my size in-store and had to order a pair. I wore them for the first time yesterday and now I need to organize my sock system and in a week I'm off on my first camino!

Buen camino!
D

Dear Pilgrims,

Shalom Scruffy1!

Thank you for all experience, wisdom and response, I have not been able to respond as life has been a tad bananas. Please keep ideas and shoe experiences coming as you complete camino..I am off to walk as we speak.. and still trying to figure out my shoes..with socks and pack..off to the trails..I love the pic of well worn hikers!

Lisa

Lady Pilgrim sport sandle tip from local shoe lady!!

Lady Pilgrims,

I just found out that if you are a size 8 womens shoe you can generally wear a youth 6 (boys or boys/girls)when it comes to sports sandles!! It's true, as I tried on a bunch of different brands and they all worked. But I ordered a whimsey pair of Chaco's youth 6 with multicolored hearts from Sierra Trading for 20 bucks!!! I have been wearing them all day- they are sooooo comfy and make me smile with the hearts! THey have really good arch support and tread on bottom! I understand now why so many people like to wear sandles if the pebbles etc dont bother them. I just got them to wear in shower and to let feet relax at end of day or if it rains crazy....Im really a heel kinda of gal, but these are sooo comfy & sturdy and have their purpose!!

Still working on the hikers...trying different socks tonight...with liner.

Please continue to weigh in on your hikers too!
WOULD BE GREAT FOR THOSE WHO POSTED TO ALSO WEIGH IN HERE AFTER CAMINO for pros and cons...especially for the wide range of shoes posted here!!

Buen Camino Everyone!
Lisa

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Salomon Exit Peak II Anyone? Garmont Synchro II?

Ok I had to return Vasque Breeze, Toe box crunching toes and foot expanding on sides...Luckily got refund. Trying Solomon Exit Peak II Mid, seem to have a lot of room in toe box in my regualr size with sock s! They are not vibram but consul? They have a little notch in ankle for achilles? Is this goimg to cause more issues or is it a legit help to legs?

Does anyone know anything about if these boots will hold up ? The consul and achilles thingy?

Only 6 weeks to go..I also have Fastpacker by Salomon being shipped and tried Garmont Synchro II These are heavier & dont feel as cushy but still have some bend & stability. THe heel is not as cushy as Salomon & toe box is still good but not as deep as Salomon.

Which type do you think is better for conditions/duration of camino? The stiffer/sturdier/heavier Garmont or the softer/comfy/lighter but still ankle support & roomier in toe box Salomon? Both have gortex..Salomon is nubuck and Garmont is little sturdier nubuck..with vibram.

Garmont Synchro II

http://www.campmor.com/garmont-syncro-g ... pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Salomon Ridge Peak II

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___21297

Fastpacker

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___19982

In 2005 and 2011 I wore the same boot - Merrell all leather. This year I am trying to go with a running shoe - Patagoia Tsali. They have been good to me in my training hikes (22 miles with backpack) but I am not yet convinced. I love Merrell and would love to find a good shoe vs a boot but am having a hard time considering I no longer buy leather products. Not much out there for vegan choices! I have 5 weeks to go so I will continue with the Patagonia's unless something better comes along. Anyone else having problems with vegan shoe options?

I wore Patagonia shoes...they have a thick vibram sole. I changed the insole liner with something more substantial. The toe box of this shoe is nice and wide. I bought one size larger than my standard shoe size. I also wore merino wool socks and slathered my feet every morning with zincofax (diaper rash cream). I walked 900 km without any foot problems. I had one very small blister that amounted to nothing. Must say I wondered about the shoes after I bought them...like you I wondered if I had made the correct choice but I was very happy with them when I began my actual walk. My daughter, who walked with me purchased a shoe made by Soloman. She was happy with them but by the end of our journey, she said they were wearing out on the sole. Her shoes were lighter than mine. Met many people along the route with lots of foot challenges. Good shoes are key...but I think our decision to wear good wool socks and to use Zincofax made a huge difference.
Sue

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you Sue, I am a little worried about the wear..I did notice that the Vibram seems sturdier...but overall the Exit Peak II by Solomon is by far the most comfortable..I know that may be not be true after a few hundred miles.

Sue, which PATAGONIAS did you wind up with?

Thank you & Happy Trails!
Lisa

Although I have not yet done my Camino I have been training in my Lowa Renegades (http://www.rei.com/product/796065/lowa- ... ots-womens) and love love love them. I bought the red ones in order to more easily find them in the morning pre-coffee. Two weeks ago I did a 7 mile hike in Alaska to, on, and back from Spencer Glacier, and even with crampons on the only thing that didn't hurt were my feet. I thought for sure they might give me problems walking on the rugged moraine (which if you are unfamiliar is like walking uphill in beach sand), as you sink into, but they managed to float more than some of the other hikers shoes did and I weighed more and had more in my pack than they did. They also managed to keep my feet nice and warm while walking on the glacier itself.
I will admit that while breaking them in, they did have a tendency to get rather warm at the beginning of the walk and I would have to stop, cool off my feet and then continue on. This would generally only happen once per walk. I ended up replacing the insoles and they stopped heating up. I think the insoles that came with them were a bit to flat for me and the friction was causing the heat build up. I'm planning on taking them and a pair of lightweight Vibrams with me, as I really like walking in the Vibrams. I know though that they are unrealistic to walk too long in while carrying a pack.

texastrekker said:
I am a female. I will turn 65 at the end of my Camino in October and plan to wear trail running shoes. I have Brooks Cascadia shoes.

I just returned Luwa boots to REI and purchased Brooks gortex Adrenalines for my Camino in two weeks.
I've had two days of training in them so far and like them way more than the boots.
However I have not walked the Camino yet so I have no idea what is instore for my feet.

Will update once home!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This site was sooo helpful to prepare mentally and physically...after reading all the posts, asking questions and trying things out...leaving the rest to the camino...

Well, now after walking the camino from St Jean to Santiago De Compostela (sept/0ct) I can report that the Solomon Ridge Peak II mid boot, were very comfortable and up for the task of El Camino!! I am a very pleased customer! Lots of room in the toe box, lightweight, gortex and nubuck, mesh & leather- purchased my regular size ladies size 8 as suggested by shoe salesman at Campmor Online...the ortholite padding and contragrip worked out well. I had plenty of support and the tread is still good on the bottom- I was concerned that I didnt have vibram-but the contragrip worked out well. Also awesome, was the achilles support with padding and scoop at the ankle...They really were put to the test up and over from St Jean to Roncevalles! They had good ankle support & plenty of security for decent!

I took my shoes off during the day on average 2x and pulled my socks off - rubbed my feet with glide and then either changed my socks (only the first week or so when they were getting sweaty and hot quickly)or I dipped my feet in any available stream etc just for some refreshment when the opportunity presented, I brought 6 pairs of socks all different with me..I found that I actually liked the synthetic EMS (eastern Mountain Sport) medium socks better than smart wool, but the ankle length PHD smart wool light socks were also ok. I also often alternated ankle wright socks ( I had 3 pair and gave two away to people who were getting re-occuring blisters) they were really light and soft and had liner built in- they were good with chacos in the morning when chilly. I almost did not bring chacos because of the weight- so glad I decided to bring them- they were like heaven to my feet after the day of walking or to just be in the open air...I think switching prevented blistering and friction..I got 3 very small blisters in all over the course of the camino..one little one on the tip of two different toes, and one on the side of big toe..all easily popped with needle and placed plaster..they healed very quickly and had no pain!! :) Thanks be to God!! Good fitting boots are everything! Im also glad I brough all different socks and sandles!

I wore my chacos at the end of each day at alberge & to meander around town, to shower and then used them up and over mountains and on flatter ground..I wound up wearing them about 50% of the time on the camino- as I loved having my feet free and so flexible over rocks, changing terrain..plenty of support for me..I wore my boots exclusively for the first week and a half during the walk..but then began to alternate them because the weather was so nice and mild and I felt more comfortable about what to expect...and was so surprised how great they held up and over climbs...my legs/ankles/knees were strong enough over time and I was able to wear them more and more...I wore them just about daily for the last two weeks...into october!! The boots and the Chacos get 5 stars. The boots were reasonable at only $130 on campmor and the Chacos were only $26 on sale at Sierra Trading online, I was advised to order youth size 6 which translates to ladies 8!!! So they were an AWESOME Deal. With all that said, it is so personal, but also so important to wear your shoes for walks before you leave...as I did for a little over 2.5 months...I walked in the chacos & boots with my pack filled...and I was really well conditioned and familiar with my "stuff" which def gave me a little more confidence in the physical challenge- which Lord knows I would need on that first day especially!!...the emotional and mental challenges are hard enough...and even as I was tried right to the end with airline shutdown, the 20 mile practice walk along the NJ shore from Asbury to Spring Lake and back (approx. 10 in each direction)-only days before I left gave me a chance to really work/shake out my pack & shoes...Little did I know that I would return From El Camino to this incredibly devastating storm her in NJ on the same coastline that I felt so called to walk as part of my pre Camino- my favorite place to come home to- the NJ shore....its all so surreal, and the camino continues to unfold the mystery...and I continue to pray hope and try not to worry...missing all the beautiful pilgrims I met along the way...and wondering how I can share the pilgrim spirit and love found along the way..here in the world of Hurricane Sandy

Glad to hear that someone else was wearing kids' Chacos and loved them so much. I wore my Keenes sandals one day (the first day that it rained in Galicia) but went back to the Chacos and thus wore them every day for a month. I've only stopped wearing them because it's winter in Alaska and I haven't figured out heavy enough socks to wear with sandals.

Ladies, so many choices and evey foot is different. I have a pair of Asolo Goretex boots with Vibram sole. They have very comfortably taken me to Europe for 6 weeks, walking every day, on 2 occasions. Still as good as new. Weight is 700 grams per boot. These will be taking me from Leon to Muxia next year.
Recently I bought Asolo Astrid shoes. 16 days in Cambodia / Vietnam and not a problem at all. My fellow female Travellers all wanted them. Chose these shoes over boots, mainly due to heat (30 degrees every day) and they were fantastic. Am training in them in the heat now and will alternate with my beloved boots.
I shopped around for months before choosing Asolo and so glad I did.
Good luck with your choice. After all, they are your feet and you know them better than anyone else.
Ammie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Out of necessity I wore my Chaco sandals 98% of the 600 miles I walked in September. At first I HAD to wear them and then I WANTED to wear them. I usually wear low trail shoes but my Chaco were great. I loved their flexibility, ability to dry, cushion, and the support was enough for me. They were worth every bit of the weight.

when you put on a pair of shoes and they feel like coming home you have come across the right ones

no two feet are the same...

P - wearing solomon speedcross' again this year & against everyones advise ('cept my physiotherapists, she wants a pair of her own...)
Hi, why is everyone against the speed cross? I am about to buy a pair myself. Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm on my third pair of Merrell siren sports- wonderful comfy shoes and I have done much hiking over many years without any blisters. Only on the third pair because I broke my foot and it has repaired itself into a larger size. Still using two pairs very happily- I bought my latest pair expecting the tread on the earlier pair to wear out before I finished walking but it's still going strong! My "end of day/shower shoes" are a wonderful pair of crocs sandals that are very comfortable and "almost" smart!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Hi, why is everyone against the speed cross? I am about to buy a pair myself. Thanks
Hi Careen, I recently bought Salomon Speedcross shoes and frankly I don't think they would last a quarter of the distance. I took mine back to the store after about five weeks with the central lugs worn down about half of their depth. I don't think I would have got more than three months out of them with just my regular exercise walking. I also purposefully walked on soft surfaces in an attempt to protect them from wear. Very comfortable shoe just poor value.

I did not plan to walk my camino in these, they were just for home. I have Oboz Bridger boots and love them. I have also bought a pair of Ahnu Tilden sandals for evenings and as a back up. I have done a few longish walks in these with no problems (I wear them with socks, they just look like a sports shoe with a black sock underneath).

Last edited:
My current favourite is Ecco Off-Road sandals. Last year I wore them to walk the Norte (840km) and 500km of the Camino Francés.

Before that I walked from SJPDP to SDC once in boots and twice in lightweight Asic runners. I wore the Asics from Le Puy to near SJPDP (600km) twice, and from the Mediterranean to Oloron Ste Marie (about 700km). Tried Rockports on the Tours route; no good.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I wear Decathlon Forclaz hiking boots. Each pair easily lasts 2 caminos walking from SJPdP to Santiago plus either out to Finisterre/Muxia or down to the Portuguese border at Valenca do Mino. Thus the boots easily last 2000 km before the sole shows wear. They probably would be ok for 3000 km but for safety sake new boots are purchased every 2 years.

Over the years I've worn Ecco boots (ok, but too big and heavy to my taste, and my ankles didn't need them) and various Regatta hiking shoes--comfortable, but not very long-lasting. Now, I'm Skechers Girl (okay, Skechers Granny). I have their Premium Sport (I think they're called) which are robust, fairly waterproof (no Galician guarantee yet on that score), weigh 605gm the pair, and cost less than half the price of most brands. My Skecher Go-walks are a real treat for very very tired feet on the last few kms and for the shower and Evening Wear. They're lighter than my Ecco sandals, and I can wear socks over my naked toenails!
I'm able to steal two weeks, at most, each year on the Camino, so I'll never achieve mspath's much envied records (bless you, Margaret!). But in the desperate hope that I outlast this pair, I have another box, from Amazon, in readiness.

I have hard-to-fit feet and have tried many styles of hiking boots but they all hurt so I will be wearing my Saucony Peregrine 5 trail shoes. They aren't water proof, they don't have high ankle support, but they have a wide toe box and my feet love them. I've done many long hikes in them and I've never had a blister. I have a pair that I wear all day at work as well. Their downside is that they can and do let in water if it's raining hard but I will wear wool socks so my feet will be warm.

Although they dry fast, I plan carry a second pair because they are lighter than the sandals I was originally planning to bring as a second pair of shoes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have tried on so many boots and shoes :eek:and keep coming back to the Salomon Speedcross. I purchased some today.:D They feel so good on. Sole is good for 1000 km apparently which is all I need:). Better than buying something else i am not quite sure will be comfortable. Totally agree that shoe choice is a personal thing. Basing decision on ridiculous amount (too much) Internet reading ;) done a lot of through walking and long distance running in past/present.:)

I have hard-to-fit feet and have tried many styles of hiking boots but they all hurt so I will be wearing my Saucony Peregrine 5 trail shoes. They aren't water proof, they don't have high ankle support, but they have a wide toe box and my feet love them. I've done many long hikes in them and I've never had a blister. I have a pair that I wear all day at work as well. Their downside is that they can and do let in water if it's raining hard but I will wear wool socks so my feet will be warm.

Although they dry fast, I plan carry a second pair because they are lighter than the sandals I was originally planning to bring as a second pair of shoes.
I also have feet problems and am planning on wearing Saucony Peregrine 5 trail shoes. So far so good for me, I haven't tried them in heavy rain though. It is embarrassing how many shoes/boots have tried, but they all caused me pain.

I have tried on so many boots and shoes :eek:and keep coming back to the Salomon Speedcross. I purchased some today.:D They feel so good on. Sole is good for 1000 km apparently which is all I need:). Better than buying something else i am not quite sure will be comfortable. Totally agree that shoe choice is a personal thing. Basing decision on ridiculous amount (too much) Internet reading ;) done a lot of through walking and long distance running in past/present.:)
Well for what it is worth I went to a podiatrist today (so informative) I took the Salomon shoes and a pair of The North Face Hedgehog Fast pack. He really liked the Salomons (for himself :D) but recommend the Northface boots for their firmness in sole. He fitted some heel support & gave me exercises. Have been wearing them all afternoon/eve and feel great :D. One happy pilgrim to be!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
Be careful about discussing your accounts on this unencrypted site. I only wanted to know what banks charged the least expensive fees for ATM right now along the Frances. Not to open any new...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back