• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last night on the camino where?

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
I'm in Melide right now. I could of course do a looooong stretch tomorrow and end up in Santiago in the afternoon but I don't want to. I want to me in Santiago early in the day.

So hit me with your best stay somewhere on the last 20-30 km or so. I can do a really long stretch to Monte del Gozo if that is THE BEST but that will be 48.3 km little longer than from Roncevalles to Pamplona that I did day 2.

I can stay at pensions, hotels as well if you have something really nice to recommend.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Santa Irene private!!! 981-511-000. Small, something like 15 beds and a very well prepared dinner by a mother and her daughter (last year.)

Another good choice is the Casa Amancio in Vilamaior. (981 89 70 86) This is a pleasant renovated series of rural buildings with private rooms and common dining room. I have never stayed here but always eat here on the last stretch of each camino. Their food is VERY tasty!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A really nice albergue awaits in Salceda. 981-502767. I recently stayed there after Melide and then walked on to Santiago the next day. It is very comfortable with a great bar and restaurant and places to sit outside on the lawns if the weather is fine. A VERY nice private room is just 40 Euros and the dorm looked very good too.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
O Meson at Brea, about halfway between between Arzua and Lavacolla. (981 511 040) It is signed to the left about 80mts off the Camino track, or you pass it if on the road. There is a small private albergue as well as private rooms. Very pilgrim friendly and great meals at reasonable prices. That leaves 28kms to Santiago. :)

I've stayed at both Salceda and Brea and can recommend both as well.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'd love to hear your comments about your final resting spot. I'm doing CF again next year after walking from Porto this year. All of these other suggestions sounded great. BTW, I walk slow and steady and made it to Santiago just about in time for the noon mass from Santa Irene in a driving rainstorm. Enjoy your final days, they are always my saddest!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mmmm, nice... After all those albergue bunkbeds :p

Enjoy your last stretch to SdC, Beatrice. And do push forward to The end of the World, it's really ..., you'll see ;)

Ultreia!

I just checked in at Casa de Amancio in Vilamaior. € 35. View attachment 6034

What was the break up of [1] albergues [2]pensions[3]casa rurals and or hotels for the 23 days Beatrice?
Any recommendations for the last 3 as we know every albergue on the walk.
Was impressed by the last day you selected.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
What was the break up of [1] albergues [2]pensions[3]casa rurals and or hotels for the 23 days Beatrice?
Any recommendations for the last 3 as we know every albergue on the walk.
Was impressed by the last day you selected.

I stayed at a hotel in Pamplona as all albergues were complete and in Compostilla as I didn't want to go off route in Ponferrada :)

I only did one CR and that was in Vilamayor as I wanted to have some time for my self before entering Santiago.

So unfortunately I'm not much of a help for you.

Another good choice is the Casa Amancio in Vilamaior. (981 89 70 86) This is a pleasant renovated series of rural buildings with private rooms and common dining room. I have never stayed here but always eat here on the last stretch of each camino. Their food is VERY tasty!
I have stayed there both last year and this year, lovely little appartment type rooms with a central garden area for relaxing. The food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful, and only 9kms left for a leisurely morning walk into Santiago.

I have stayed there both last year and this year, lovely little appartment type rooms with a central garden area for relaxing. The food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful, and only 9kms left for a leisurely morning walk into Santiago.
That was the place I stayed at.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back