• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

long-time a lurker, finally a pilgrim!

rojasa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2021; CSS/CP 2022
Hola! I hardly dare say it, but after 8 years of deferred dreams and cancelled plans, I am planning to walk el Camino de Santiago (from SJPdP) this September/October. God-willing, In sha'Allah, si Dios quiere, I leave the US 15 sep to Paris, train to SJPdP, and begin. Been reading this site obsessively for a couple years (!), went to the last APOC meeting in Lake Tahoe, CA, and have already developed the beginnings of a camino familia. Ultreia, suseia, Santiago!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Has @rojasa actually started her camino?
I'd love to know her experiences
Perhaps its on a different thread that I missed, anyone?
Hi David and vjpdx, I did indeed start on Sep 15, and arrived in SdC on Oct 24, 2021. Thank you for the well-wishes! From the ankles up, it was the most profound experience of my life to date. ☺️ While I did bring a cellphone, I relied on wifi and generally asked for help in calling ahead by one day to reserve a bed in albergues from Sarria into SdC. So, no blog or other communication, but I’m so tickled anyone wanted to know how I did! This forum is filled with kind and caring people…just like the Camino…and I relive the joy of the pilgrimage every time I log on. Don’t want to hog too much time and space here but will say that the experience overwhelmingly involved a) attention to feet constantly (they had a very hard time and often needed lots of encouragement), and b) a kind of a ressourcement, a going back to theological sources, on a personal level. And, crucially, the pilgrimage restored/confirmed my fundamental belief in the goodness of people. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single day I met a Camino angel, and/or was able to pay forward the gift of generosity I received. Love abides.

I have logged onto this thread to post the dates of my next Camino, and had to take a moment to share that, yes, I was able to walk the Camino Frances from SJPdP to Santiago. I am “hooked.” God and feet willing I will return to Camino as often and as long as I am able!

PS “vjpdx”: are you in Portland OR? I’m in Corvallis!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.