• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

longer camino inglese

joeboybollo

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria-Santiago (Sept.2014)
Inglese-(Sept.2015)
Hi,after walking the Sarria-Santiago section this year for our first try at a camino ,my wife and myself would like to walk the Inglese next September.We loved it this year but would like to take next years really nice and easy.Can anyone suggest stops for a 7 day walk?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi,after walking the Sarria-Santiago section this year for our first try at a camino ,my wife and myself would like to walk the Inglese next September.We loved it this year but would like to take next years really nice and easy.Can anyone suggest stops for a 7 day walk?
Ferrol to Neda
Neda to Pontedeume
Pontedeume to Miño
Miño to Betanzos
Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma (Alternative Meson do Vento )
Hospital de Bruma (or Meson do Vento ) to Siguëro
Sigüeiro to Santiago

My wife and I did one stop extra in Ordes between .Meson.do Vento and Sigüeiro

Alternative for a 7 days camino is a part of the caminho Portuges
Valença do Minho (border of Portugal) or Tui. (spanish side of the border) to oPorriño
O Porriño to Redondela
Redondela to Pontevedra
Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis to Padrón
Padrón to Santiago

Great walk !

Last edited:
This year, I stayed at the albergue in Covas, and walked around the headland to Ferrol on the first day, about 28km. I then did the remainder of the CI in five days. You could turn this into a seven day pattern quite easily, eg:
  • Day 1 - Covas to Ferrol
  • Day 2 - Ferrol to Neda
  • Day 3 - Neda to Pontedueme
  • Day 4 - Pontedueme to Bentanzos
  • Day 5 - Betanzos to Bruma, or Meson do Vento
  • Day 6 - Bruma to Sigueiro
  • Day 7 - Sigueiro to Santiago

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi from a fellow West Midlander! Where about are you from? Many people break up the Betzanos to Bruma which includes a large uphill towards the end by stopping at Bar Julia at the bottom and getting Antonio from Meson Nova to collect them and take them back to Bar Julia in the morning.

This would then be:-
Ferrol to Pontedeume
Pontedeume to Miño
Miño to Betanzos
or
Ferrol to Neda
Neda to Pontedeume
Pontedeume to Betanzos
then
Betanzos to Bar Julia
Bar Julia to Meson do Vento
Meson do Vento to Siguëro
Sigüeiro to Santiago

Enjoy your planning and a lovely walk.

We walked the route this year and plan to do it again in 2105.

The only change we would make is to split stage 1 from Ferrol to Pontedeume.

My suggestion would be:-

Ferrol to Neda
Neda to Pontedeume
Pontedeume to Betanzos
Betanzos to Bar Julia
Bar Julia to Meson do Vento
Meson do Vento to Siguëro
Sigüeiro to Santiago

Thanks folks.Sorry to take so long replying. I think Wolverhampton Al and Balian have it.Happy walking and happy New Year to all.
Joe (from Solihull but originally from Birmingham)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
HI joeboybollo,

This is what I intend to walk in May.. using mostly albergue at each stop with estimated distance.. not sure on distance of walk day 4 & 5 but my estimate is that it'll be less than 20 kms for each day

1. Ferrol – Neda 12 kms (Hostel Of Neda)
2. Neda - Pontedeume 13 km (Pontedeume albergue)
3. Pontedeume – Betanzos 20 kms (Hostel Casa da Fish Betanzos)
4. Betanzos – Presedo ?? kms (Hostel Presedo)
5. Presedo – Hospital de Bruma ?? kms (Hostel of Bruma)
6. Hospital de Bruma– Sigüeiro 24 kms (Albergue de Delia)
7. Sigüeiro – Santiago de Compostela 16 kms

Buen Camino

HI joeboybollo,

This is what I intend to walk in May.. using mostly albergue at each stop with estimated distance.. not sure on distance of walk day 4 & 5 but my estimate is that it'll be less than 20 kms for each day

7. Sigüeiro – Santiago de Compostela 16 kms

Buen Camino
Dennis. Some additons. Not important but anyhow
Ferrol to Neda is 14 kms

Pontedeume. Note you can not enter the albergue from 17h00 . We were there twice on different days ! First time as tourists on a rainy day about 13h00. There were some Spaniards ,just arrived,soaked ,but the hospitaleros-I think paid by theXunta- did not let them in,not even to store their backpacks.
A few days later we came back,now walking so we had to wait even till after 18h00 before one of the hospitaleros was willing to open the door. No bother because the sun was shining and we could rest in front of the door on a bench and enjoyed a beer at a bar.

Between Pontedeume and Betanzos is an albergue in Minho at about 12 kms .this is a good stop after all the climbing leaving Pontedeume.

In Betanzos you will miss the very nice albergue in the center . A big antique building ,recently renovated. All facilities The only missing thing was they did not provide blankets when we were there in May 2014. We slept in our silk liners and fleecevests. Was doable.

From Betanzos we walked to bar Julia 18 kms. There Antonio of hostal O Meson Novo in O Meson do Vento picked us up by car and we slept in his great hostal ,had a good diner and breakfast and he brought us back to bar Julia so we walked up the steep hill to Bruma .

We walked a bit off camino to Ordes between O Meson do Vento and Siguëro. To Ordes + 2 km.

In Siguëro we stayed in hostal Miras but that was filthy so your alternative of the new albergue is a better option.

Great walk anyway

Buen camino

Last edited:
I stayed in Hotel Miras. I didn't eat there but many who have have said good things about the food. Personally I didn't like the squat toilets. I realise that as a pilgrim I should accept what is offered, but if I am offered a choice then why accept the worst one?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@Dennis M I found Ferrol to Pontedeume more like 30 km than 25 or 27. I stayed in albergues at Pontedeume, Bentanzos and Bruma, and then at Hostal Miras. My room was pretty basic, as were the common areas in the accommodation wing, but everything was functioning, and the accommodation was clean and tidy.

Edit: the toilets in both bathrooms I saw were pedestal style, not squat toilets.

Last edited:
I stayed in Hotel Miras. I didn't eat there but many who have have said good things about the food. Personally I didn't like the squat toilets. I realise that as a pilgrim I should accept what is offered, but if I am offered a choice then why accept the worst one?
We had a normal toilet in our wing, but an abnormal lock - it jammed. Second visit I used the one with a bolt.
Excellent food. As far as I know the Hostal Miras is closed for refurbishment and they have opened Miras ll - not sure when the refurbished Miras will open. You can actually stretch the Inglés to 9 days- if you have time.
Ferrol to Narón/Neda;
Narón/Neda to Pontedeume;
Pontedeume to Mino;
Mino to Betanzos;
Betanzos to Casa Julia, - overnight at O Meson Novo and return to Casa Julia next morning;
Casa Julia to O Meson Novo or Bruma;
Bruma to Calle de Poulo the to Ordes (off route 2kms approx);
Ordes - return to Calle de Poulo and then to Sigueiro;
Sigueiro to Santiago
:)

Buen Camino
4. Betanzos – Presedo ?? kms (Hostel Presedo) - This stage is 12km
5. Presedo – Hospital de Bruma ?? kms (Hostel of Bruma) - This stage is 16km

I found Ferrol to Pontedeume more like 30 km than 25 or 27.
My route trace on google earth measures Ferrol to Pontedeume as 29.4km

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks everyone for providing me useful info

Mig, THANKS!! Now, i can fill in the blanks in my itinerary :) exactly what i need. short distance walk.. i don't want to rush my journey so i don't mind walking shorter segments.

Me too,many thanks. I feel like I'm almost there and ready to go!!

I would avoid Hostal Miras in Sigueiro and use the new albergue.

The food may be nice there, but accomadation and noise from outside meant we got very little sleep.

In fact we left at 5am that morning just to get out of the place.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I would avoid Hostal Miras in Sigueiro and use the new albergue.

The food may be nice there, but accomadation and noise from outside meant we got very little sleep.

In fact we left at 5am that morning just to get out of the place.
Is that the old Hostal Miras please, or the new one now listed as Hostal Sigueiro or Miras ll.

@Dennis M I found Ferrol to Pontedeume more like 30 km than 25 or 27. I stayed in albergues at Pontedeume, Bentanzos and Bruma, and then at Hostal Miras. My room was pretty basic, as were the common areas in the accommodation wing, but everything was functioning, and the accommodation was clean and tidy.

Edit: the toilets in both bathrooms I saw were pedestal style, not squat toilets.
I am back home and have access to my GPS tracks. My Camino Ingles distances were:
  • CI D00 COVAS-FERROL 27.6 km
  • CI D01 FERROL-PONTEDUEME 30.3 km
  • CI D02 PONTEDEUME-BENTANZOS 22.9 km
  • CI D03 BENTANZOS-BRUMA 28.1 km
  • CI D04 BRUMA-SIGUERDO 24.9 km
  • CI D05 SIGUERDO-SANTIAGO 16.9 km
I did a quick check of the detail for the Ferrol to Pontedueme, and apart from about 150 m of 'exploring' an alternative, it doesn't contain any deviations, so I am pretty confident about its accuracy. It started outside the Parador in Ferrol and ended at the Xunta albergue in Pontedueme. The Parador is a bit over 500 m from the harbour start point.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am back home and have access to my GPS tracks. My Camino Ingles distances were:
  • CI D00 COVAS-FERROL 27.6 km
  • CI D01 FERROL-PONTEDUEME 30.3 km
  • CI D02 PONTEDEUME-BENTANZOS 22.9 km
  • CI D03 BENTANZOS-BRUMA 28.1 km
  • CI D04 BRUMA-SIGUERDO 24.9 km
  • CI D05 SIGUERDO-SANTIAGO 16.9 km
I did a quick check of the detail for the Ferrol to Pontedueme, and apart from about 150 m of 'exploring' an alternative, it doesn't contain any deviations, so I am pretty confident about its accuracy. It started outside the Parador in Ferrol and ended at the Xunta albergue in Pontedueme. The Parador is a bit over 500 m from the harbour start point.
Doug Ferrol to Pontedeume. Did you follow the yellow waymarkers via Neda or did you walk the bridge ponte de Piás which connects the camino south of Neda and makes a difference by 3 kms less or so ?

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
... or in this case, not taking the right turn and going past it!
Was the right turn to the left? I don't consider I have been "properly" on a Camino unless I have experienced (note I didn't say enjoyed) an unintentional detour or two (or more). The first time I tried to find Eunate I found myself at the cemetery dead end (I do seem to have a thing about taking "detours" to cemetery dead ends). I crossed a field and when crossing the ditch just before the road I cut my leg on some hidden brambles. Later that day I encountered two others who had done the same thing (without the cuts). That evening at dinner one of the other pilgrims, a nurse insisted on examining my leg. Some days later we met again while waiting for an albergue to open. We walked a few days together and became friends. Joni is now a member of this forum. She is just finishing her honeymoon in Africa before working as a volunteer for two months on a mercy ship. I have gone even further off topic I know, so I am sorry for that but it does give me a chance for a plug for her? Joni40's trip can be found at http://www.gofundme.com/joniafricamercy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is the old one, right at the corner on the main street before the bridge.

This year I will be staying somewhere different in Siguero.
Thank you.
The old Miras closed for renovation. The new Hostal Sigueiro has replaced it and is two streets away from the noisy corner. Fairly expensive but very modern. We hope it will be as good as it looks. We know that there are other options but the Hostal will be our choice.

If anyone opened a decent hostel in siguieros they would clean up as regards pilgrim business.

Agree on the distance. Extra 3k can be tough at the end of the first day especially if not expecting it b[/QUOTE]

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There are now new albergues and a new hostel in Sigueiro. The old Miras has closed and (I think) is being refurbished, as posted above.

as my countdown begins, does anyone have an idea/ballpark of the cost of stay at each albergue/hostel? This will help me in my budgeting.

4. Betanzos – Presedo 12 kms (Hostel Presedo)
5. Presedo – Hospital de Bruma 16 kms (Hostel of Bruma)
7. Sigüeiro – Santiago de Compostela 16 kms - I am staying at a rented room in SDC thru AirBnB

Buen Camino!! getting excited/anxious :)

Last edited:
If anyone opened a decent hostel in siguieros they would clean up as regards pilgrim business.
I sense that the will of the Spanish to provide bargain accommodations at a financial loss may be lessening. Taking business from hotels and existing albergues may not be their priority, especially on a less-traveled route. Hope springs eternal!:)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@Dennis M The Gronze site gives prices of the albergues and hostals. They are probably last year's so may be a euro or so more this year for the xunta albergues. However it should help you to budget. Menu del día was around 8 euros and breakfast (if not provided) around 3 to 4 euros, plus extra drinks and snacks/sandwiches.
Hope this helps. :)

I will put the full details on my blog when I get time soon,

but when I walked two weeks ago:

the albergue in Pontedeume let us in promptly when we arrived (there are two phone numbers on the door, one for weekdays, one for Sundays and Festas. It was Three Kings. I guess there are different approaches from different hospitaleros there.

We stayed in the new hotel\hostal in Sigueiro. It is new and comfortable. They charged us €46 for a double room inculding breakfast. The Miras was closed.

Quite a few of the bars along the way were not open, so carry some food in case

Andy

Andy, did you get the impression that the bars were closed for the winter, or their rest day, or that they were closed and gone for ever? We had already heard that the folk at Vizono had retired and closed down, but are there others too? We walked over 2 Sundays and found several places were closed - but that was 4 years ago now.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think they were closed for holidays or the season rather than permanently. Fortunately Bar Julia was open when we passed, although we had food in case. I think in winter it is best not to count on places in the Guide being open

Andy

Thanks Andy, we have several months to go before our Camino so hopefully places will have opened up. We too will report back after we have walked.

Tia, Thanks for the web site. It was very helpful. Are you doing the Ingles again?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
as my countdown begins, does anyone have an idea/ballpark of the cost of stay at each albergue/hostel? This will help me in my budgeting.

4. Betanzos – Presedo 12 kms (Hostel Presedo)
5. Presedo – Hospital de Bruma 16 kms (Hostel of Bruma)
7. Sigüeiro – Santiago de Compostela 16 kms - I am staying at a rented room in SDC thru AirBnB

Buen Camino!! getting excited/anxious :)
The Neda albergue was 6€ each as well wasPontedeume. And Betanzos
From there we slept in hostals due to an experience with a smelly and snorring pilgrim. I think all Xunta albergues in Galicia cost 6 € per person, anyway in 1014

Tia. Very nice.. Keep us posted on your journey.. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.