• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for an good app to set up my journal of the Caminho to family and friends

Marcelo Paolillo

Time of past OR future Camino
June 18, 2019. Loudes to Compostela; than from the water's edge to Porto, Portugal and end in Fatima
Anyone knows a good app to do a journal of my voyage that automatically publish my data and pictures (as I write on it and documented my experience) on the favebook, intagram and twitter?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
www.blogger.com is free online app where your family and friends can follow and you can add pictures. I’ve used in the past and everyone who followed me would be automatically notified if I had made a new post. It worked beautifully. Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Very easy to use.

Legal! Valeu!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I use Find Penguins, which is a travel blog app, and very easy to use.

Interesting question. I used one years ago that no longer exists, so I did a quick search to see what's new. Wow, the features are now very cool, back then the app was very basic. Have a look at this list...https://www.keepgo.com/blogs/articles/top-10-apps-for-trip-logging

Anyone knows a good app to do a journal of my voyage that automatically publish my data and pictures (as I write on it and documented my experience) on the favebook, intagram and twitter?
There are lots of ways of doing this. Danielle823 mentioned blogger which is great. Personally I’ve used Wordpress to record my wife and my Caminos. It’s pretty trivial to set up and use. Go to Wordpress.com, choose a username, give an email address and choose a password and you’re good to go. I set it up mainly so that our children can see what my wife and I are up to but friends have also enjoyed the images etc and ‘follow’ us when we’re away. I’ve downloaded the Wordpress app from the AppStore (also on Android) and the interface is fairly intuitive. Writing text and inserting media such as images and video is very easy. There’s no programming needed, it’s all nice and simple. I’ve since given Wordpress a small amount of money and I’ve got a distinct url at pererindod.com but it’s not necessary and we started with the free version which tacks wordpress.com onto your username. There are all sorts of clever things you can do with the site but the default settings are fine. Good luck.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Interesting question. I used one years ago that no longer exists, so I did a quick search to see what's new. Wow, the features are now very cool, back then the app was very basic. Have a look at this list...https://www.keepgo.com/blogs/articles/top-10-apps-for-trip-logging
This is an excellent site, thanks for sharing!

There are lots of ways of doing this. Danielle823 mentioned blogger which is great. Personally I’ve used Wordpress to record my wife and my Caminos. It’s pretty trivial to set up and use. Go to Wordpress.com, choose a username, give an email address and choose a password and you’re good to go. I set it up mainly so that our children can see what my wife and I are up to but friends have also enjoyed the images etc and ‘follow’ us when we’re away. I’ve downloaded the Wordpress app from the AppStore (also on Android) and the interface is fairly intuitive. Writing text and inserting media such as images and video is very easy. There’s no programming needed, it’s all nice and simple. I’ve since given Wordpress a small amount of money and I’ve got a distinct url at pererindod.com but it’s not necessary and we started with the free version which tacks wordpress.com onto your username. There are all sorts of clever things you can do with the site but the default settings are fine. Good luck.
Thanks 4 the sugestion

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I use Find Penguin like Trecile. I decided to use it, because I like the feature that after the Camino or any other trip you can get a printed version of your blog and all your fotos with just one click - well almost ;).

Last edited:
Polar Steps - easy to post photos and blog, plus adds automatically adds them to a map so you can easily see the route you have walked. BONUS: a simple click on a link transfers it all into a printed book!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Find Penguins.
Easy to write.
Easy to read.
Private.
Short download times.
Hit “send” and it’s a book when you get home.
My family and close friends love it.

Find Penguins.
Easy to write.
Easy to read.
Private.
Short download times.
Hit “send” and it’s a book when you get home.
My family and close friends love it.
Hello John
Interesting to find you on this. I am a friend of Wendy’s and she told me you were doing Del Norte at the moment. We have met years ago.
I’ve done a few caminos ( actually originally inspired by the epic Camino the Bernie and Wendy did with the children) and doing Del Norte with my daughter in August.
I usually write FB posts but this time think I’ll make a proper blog.
I hope you are going well.
Buen Camino
Lesley

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good luck Lesley.
I’m loving the del Norte you will too.

Thanks for the inside... .
I am looking for one that as I published, take pictures and together with my global position automatically post all at places like Instagram, twitter, Facebook, youtube, etc... .

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for the inside... .
I am looking for one that as I published, take pictures and together with my global position automatically post all at places like Instagram, twitter, Facebook, youtube, etc... .
I know that Find Penguins will put your position on a map, and you can set it up to share on Facebook and Twitter.

It looks great....and it seems that I can share with Twitter and facebook. I wonder if I can share with Instagram and on YouTube...

I use Find Penguins, which is a travel blog app, and very easy to use.

It looks great!
I will try to find out about Instagram and youtube...
Thanks

I know that Find Penguins will put your position on a map, and you can set it up to share on Facebook and Twitter.

Anyone out there using FindPenguins on Camino right now that wouldn't mind me following them so I could see what it looks like to people that follow!

€46,-
Anyone out there using FindPenguins on Camino right now that wouldn't mind me following them so I could see what it looks like to people that follow!
Here's mine. Warning: mostly pictures, no deep thoughts 😊

Here's mine. Warning: mostly pictures, no deep thoughts 😊
Thanks - this was the one I found after being proactive and having a look - enjoy Aviles, it's old town is a hidden gem of Spain - if you haven't eaten and want something amazing - seek out El Panol

Can you edit your post to make the URL a live link, please? Would be so helpful to the readers who are less likely to check out your suggestion since it’s not clickable.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks
I will take a look
Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I used Wordpress for a couple Camino ‘s and vacations and it worked well but if WiFi or cellular was weak, It either took a long time to upload pictures or it didn’t work and I waited until reception was better. We just finished the Via Francigena and I used instagram. It only allows 10 images at a time but they upload almost instantaneously. You can’t put captions under each picture but you can do a narrative. If I had a picture that needed a narrative, I posted it separately. My kids liked Instagram better than Wordpress because they had the app and could go right to my updates when notified instead of having to log in each time.

My 2 bits.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back