• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Los Arcos Camino Frances

cardifflad52

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2015 Inglis Way , March 2022 Camino Frances
As you are aware I am currently on the Camino and wanted to know in your opinion what would be a good recommendation for a private Alberque in Los Arcos ..I am due there tomorrow Thursday 30th at around 13:00
Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Los Arcos has always been something of a bottleneck. My friends have spoken well of the Casa de Abuela.

But I would suggest that you push on to Torres del Rio and stay at the memorable Pata & Oca. I enjoyed a nice night there a few years ago, and a splendid chat with other peregrinos about where, in Torres del Rio, was the home/hostel of the madman Ramon, in The Way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If you can walk 6.8 km more, I recommend a casa rural in Sansol - El Olivo de Sansol.

If you can walk 6.8 km more, I recommend a casa rural in Sansol - El Olivo de Sansol.
Wow, what a bargain at only €25 for a single! Such a cute B&B type property and the included breakfast looks yummy with a good variety of items. 👍

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was very pleased with my overnight at the Casa de Abuela. Very comfortable, lovely staff, and just steps off the central plaza. Would stay there again.

I stayed in Casa de Austria some years ago, and a rather crowded pension more recently. Casa de Austria was fine, but I wouldn't recommend the pension, and won't name it. The COVID occupancy levels are likely to make both less crowded, but it wasn't a big concern for me when I stayed at Casa de Austria. They did have a well equipped kitchen which the Gronze listing shows as still being open. I think it was the first time that I had the opportunity to prepare my own meal. It was a real joy to do a little grocery shopping down the street and prepare a simple pasta meal for my friends.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As you are aware I am currently on the Camino and wanted to know in your opinion what would be a good recommendation for a private Alberque in Los Arcos ..I am due there tomorrow Thursday 30th at around 13:00
Thank you
We stayed at Casa Abuela in a double room with our own bathroom for 45 euros.

Have only stayed in Isaac Santiago and they are closed until April. Casa Abuela is recommended by friends though. https://www.gronze.com/navarra/arcos/albergue-casa-abuela
recommendation for a private Alberque in Los Arcos
I have stayed , although it was 10 years ago at Casa de la Abuela, I remember it for some reason. The owners were very nice and kind and it had a great location near the church and square. I remember it was clean and welcoming and I had a good sleep.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have stayed , although it was 10 years ago at Casa de la Abuela, I remember it for some reason. The owners were very nice and kind and it had a great location near the church and square. I remember it was clean and welcoming and I had a good sleep.
Thank you for that ..I carried on walking today from Estella to Torres del Rio which is about 30km

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.