• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Lost my Pilgrim Passport

fillup

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Absolute disaster - I lost my daughters and my pilgrims passport
I think it mat have been when we took a bus from Caldas De Reis to Padrón (I did take the bus back to do the walk btw)

I went back to the café where I got our last stamp but they didn't have it

I've a feeling it fell out of my pocket on the bus

We walked from Vigo n had tons of stamps - absolutely gutted about it

Is it possible to get a certificate without a passport?
And does anyone know if there's a lost passport area in Santiago where the strays are handed in?

I had my name in the pp but not my Irish Passport details
Tnks for reading

P

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It might be possible to contact the bus company to see if the the driver turned in the credentials, If you know the date and time of your bus from point a to point b. If you don't speak the language well enough, you might ask another pilgrim or hospitalero to help you. I suggest this because it happened that once in another country one of my soldiers left some personal items on a bus and we were after two days able to get it returned. In the meantime, collect your stamps on a piece of paper to add to the credential if it is returned.

It might be possible to contact the bus company to see if the the driver turned in the credentials, If you know the date and time of your bus from point a to point b. If you don't speak the language well enough, you might ask another pilgrim or hospitalero to help you. I suggest this because it happened that once in another country one of my soldiers left some personal items on a bus and we were after two days able to get it returned. In the meantime, collect your stamps on a piece of paper to add to the credential if it is returned.
By the time the buscompany might answer , probably @fillup is back home .
Padrón is the last stage before Santiago the Portuguese caminho

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
By the time the buscompany might answer , probably @fillup is back home .
Padrón is the last stage before Santiago the Portuguese caminho
I agree it is a long shot, but depending on how much time they will be there or if they will return later, it might be possible. Stranger things have happened...

I had this related though about lost pilgrim passports. While walking The Camino, at the end of each day's walk, use the smartphone camera to take a picture of the pilgrim's passport taking care to ensure that the image captures all stamps/sellos collected up until that moment in time. In this way, if the original is lost while hiking The Camino, simply inform the SDC pilgrims' office that the original was lost, and then proceed to show them the latest photo of the lost passport.

Has anyone followed this approach, and if so, did the SDC pilgrims' office accept a photograph of the lost pilgrim's passport for the segment of travel in question, in lieu of the lost original?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Absolute disaster - I lost my daughters and my pilgrims passport
I think it mat have been when we took a bus from Caldas De Reis to Padrón (I did take the bus back to do the walk btw)

I went back to the café where I got our last stamp but they didn't have it

I've a feeling it fell out of my pocket on the bus

We walked from Vigo n had tons of stamps - absolutely gutted about it

Is it possible to get a certificate without a passport?
And does anyone know if there's a lost passport area in Santiago where the strays are handed in?

I had my name in the pp but not my Irish Passport details
Tnks for reading

P
Sorry P; without contact details in your credenciale, the prospects are remote.

On the positive side; it’s a good reason to do it again.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back