• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer on the Camino Ingles

Time of past OR future Camino
FRuture: Camino Sureste (2022)
Dear all,

I will be walking the Camino Ingles between the 22nd October and 27th October 2022. and I am trying to book luggage tranfer along the route with the Correos Service.

However I am finding it difficult to select the dates on their calendar as the dates beyond the 18th October are not available. Deos this mean they stop the service after the 18th October? I am new to the website and have no idea how to procede.

Also they ask me about the booking reference No. How do you obtain it?
Can anyone help me to complete the booking...I appreciate.
Thank you and kind regards,
Raymond Aquilina

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I found this on their website. I am fairly sure they can handle English language queries. I tried to do a sample booking, but could not begin later than 20th October. A second point - your booking reference number should come when you have done the whole lot. As they give a mobile number, you can phone them, ask if they have someone who understands English, and explain your problem. I hope this helps somewhat.
(I actually did this myself in 2019, but of course that has sunk into the background! It was easy to do, and I made sure the places we planned to stay at were on the list of approved locations on the Paqmochila website...)

Si quieres información específica sobre el transporte de mochilas y equipajes en el Camino:

envíanos un mail a paqmochila@correos.com

o contacta con nosotros en el móvil +34 683440022 (de lunes a domingo, de 8:00 a 20:00 horas).

Para cualquier otra información sobre nuestros servicios en El Camino de Santiago puedes encontrarnos en elcamino@correos.com

Just back from completing the Camino Íngles on which I used the Correos Service and I found the operatives to be exceptionally helpful & efficient even when I contrived to mess them up. ' can't say if the service ceases operation before you arrive ... I'd just contact them by email or even ring them (34683440022) they are excellent.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have just walked from A Coruña, found it next to impossible to get anyone interested until the 2 routes merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,

I will be walking the Camino Ingles between the 22nd October and 27th October 2022. and I am trying to book luggage tranfer along the route with the Correos Service.

However I am finding it difficult to select the dates on their calendar as the dates beyond the 18th October are not available. Deos this mean they stop the service after the 18th October? I am new to the website and have no idea how to procede.

Also they ask me about the booking reference No. How do you obtain it?
Can anyone help me to complete the booking...I appreciate.
Thank you and kind regards,
Raymond Aquilina
I'm on the Norte and just started using Correos, and it's going well. I'm not booking that far in advance so can't advise on that point.

But, the booking reference, that is sent to you by email after you pay.

If it's asking for a booking reference then you are trying to get into your account

I'm on the Norte and just started using Correos, and it's going well. I'm not booking that far in advance so can't advise on that point.

But, the booking reference, that is sent to you by email after you pay.

If it's asking for a booking reference then you are trying to get into your account
Thank you so most likely it is too early ...
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just back from completing the Camino Íngles on which I used the Correos Service and I found the operatives to be exceptionally helpful & efficient even when I contrived to mess them up. ' can't say if the service ceases operation before you arrive ... I'd just contact them by email or even ring them (34683440022) they are excellent.
Thank you for the tip...will try by email.
Buen Camino,
ray

Thank you so most likely it is too early ...
Buen Camino
I used CaminoFacil on the Ingles and was able to book my luggage transfers a few months in advance. I was booked at one hotel in Pontedeume that they did not list on their website, and I used their messaging feature and they added it it to my itinerary in a few hours. I just had to give them the name and address.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.