• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Betanzos - luggage transfer - Camino Ingles

caminomaggie

Time of past OR future Camino
24 August 2022
Hi there

We’re staying in Betanzos on 26 August but the accommodation is not on the Correos list. The nearby private Albergue won’t assist. I read somewhere that people staying in the Municipal albergues arrange to get their luggage left off at private albergues. Would anyone know if there are any alternatives in Betanzos? I’d be so grateful for anyone who’s in the know 😊

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks - I’ve done that already. It’s up to the pilgrim to organise an alternative and let Correos know. That’s why I’m asking the forum the question.
I would probably look at the list on Correos where they do drop offs and then contact those establishments to see if they will accept your bag.

We are staying at Hostal Portico next month for two days. Walking in the AM out to Presedo and back to Betanzos. The next morning taxi back to Presedo with pack transfer to Meson do Vento. Hostal Portico said that they worked with: Taxi Camino. https://taxicaminoingl.es Hope this helps you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We are staying at Hostal Portico next month for two days. Walking in the AM out to Presedo and back to Betanzos. The next morning taxi back to Presedo with pack transfer to Meson do Vento. Hostal Portico said that they worked with: Taxi Camino. https://taxicaminoingl.es Hope this helps you.
Walked in April this year and also stayed at Hostal Portico and Meson do Vento. Used Correos

We stayed in several places “off Camino” in May and June and used Taxi Camino exclusively with no trouble.

I had a similar problem back in June. I had to book private accommodation several kms outside of Betanzos because of limited availability. I contacted Hotel Garelos in Betanzos (where I had stayed on several other Ingles walks) and asked if I could have the bags delivered there, even if there was a small charge involved. They were fine to have the bag delivered there for no charge and, as it happens, advised me that they had rooms available for the night in question so I was able to cancel my reservation at the out of town place and stay in Betanzos. The Camino was organised at the last minute so I had only checked Booking.com for availability and not contacted any hotels directly as I wanted to secure accommodation quickly in each place before booking flights.

The luggage transfer was with Correos.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.