A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Lumbier Gorge

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77; Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Has anyone walking the Aragones visited the Lumbier Gorge?

Would love to know if seeing the gorge is practicable.

Advertisment

wayan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, Camino Fisterra (Oct-Nov 2013)
Camino Aragones, Frances, Portuguese (Sep-Nov 2015)
Did it in 2015. Used a head lamp for the tunnels at both ends but you could probably survive wothout one.

camino07

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18
Yes,walked Foz de Lumbier in 2013. Just used small torch through tunnel. Good experience.

navarro

Has anyone walking the Aragones visited the Lumbier Gorge?

Would love to know if seeing the gorge is practicable.
There are two alternatives, the old by Rocaforte, lonely and without sevices about 15 Km or the modern way by Lumbier. If you teke the second you pass trougth the gorges following the old trace of a railway. there are two tunnels so better if you carry an small torch, but tunnels are not very long an you can cross them without it.

https://www.gronze.com/sites/default/files/mapa/camino-aragones-sanguesa-monreal.svg

caminka

Camino(s) past & future
see signature
I did it in 2009, before the idea of the new route going through the lumbier, and just at the time when the motorway was built and pilgrims were transferred to the national highway from lumbier village to izco. this is reflected in my wikiloc track: https://it.wikiloc.com/percorsi-escursionismo/camino2009-065-sanguesa-izco-22055595. I assume that the new route is much better now. this is a track from october 2016: https://it.wikiloc.com/percorsi-esc...-12-sanguesa-izco-por-foz-de-lumbier-15010148.
you don't need torches for the tunnels, they are short enough.

Advertisment

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 77; Frances 12, 15 & 17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes, Aragones 18
Definately putting this on my agenda.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June