• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meeting new friends

Athiemack

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
hi! Hubby and I are leaving Vancouver, BC, Canada on May 7, 2015 and fly to Paris where we will be met at the airport by our Facebook Camino friend, MC, who lives in Australia - we have never met in person but we're introduced via the Camino Forum and have been communicating and planning via FB. The 3 of us will stay overnight in Paris and in the morning we will meet two other FB Camino friends, CT and MM, who also met because of their desire to walk the Camino....none of us have ever met in person (although hubby and I will meet CT and MM soon because we only live within 50 km of one another). From Paris the 5 of us will make our way to SJDD and start our walk together. We have already reserved our beds at Orisson as a group. From that point on we will go our own ways, unless we decide otherwise. Hubby and I hope to arrive in Santiago de Compostella on June 12 and then make our way to Madrid for our return flight home on June 14th.....that's our plan.....what actually happens will be up to the Camino! To think that, apart from hubby and I, none of us knew any of the others previously....But it's been amazing so far to "meet" these three women who are planning to walk on their own and just wanted support at the beginning, just like hubby and I. It's been great chatting with them, gathering information about equipment, ideas about transportation....keeping one another motivated, getting excited and anxious together...!! The next 123 days can't pass quickly enough! Buen Camino
ps feel free to read my blog about the preps and then my camino at
https://athswordsalongtheway.wordpress.com

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm from the Okanagan and am leaving St Jean the day before you leave Vancouver. Perhaps we'll meet on the trail. Buen Camino.

We're from North Vancouver and we leave in *gulp* 32 days!
That's such a great story. You're going to have such a amazing experience.
Buen Camino to you all!

Ron and Michele

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi! Hubby and I are leaving Vancouver, BC, Canada on May 7, 2015 and fly to Paris where we will be met at the airport by our Facebook Camino friend, MC, who lives in Australia - we have never met in person but we're introduced via the Camino Forum and have been communicating and planning via FB. The 3 of us will stay overnight in Paris and in the morning we will meet two other FB Camino friends, CT and MM, who also met because of their desire to walk the Camino....none of us have ever met in person (although hubby and I will meet CT and MM soon because we only live within 50 km of one another). From Paris the 5 of us will make our way to SJDD and start our walk together. We have already reserved our beds at Orisson as a group. From that point on we will go our own ways, unless we decide otherwise. Hubby and I hope to arrive in Santiago de Compostella on June 12 and then make our way to Madrid for our return flight home on June 14th.....that's our plan.....what actually happens will be up to the Camino! To think that, apart from hubby and I, none of us knew any of the others previously....But it's been amazing so far to "meet" these three women who are planning to walk on their own and just wanted support at the beginning, just like hubby and I. It's been great chatting with them, gathering information about equipment, ideas about transportation....keeping one another motivated, getting excited and anxious together...!! The next 123 days can't pass quickly enough! Buen Camino
ps feel free to read my blog about the preps and then my camino at
athswordsalongtheway.wordpress.com
Hi Athiemack, I am also from Aussie and met up with MTC while I was visiting WA last year. I hope to also see you either in SJPdP or Orisson or along the Way. After talking to MTC I decided I had to walk again this year. Now the excitement is building within me especially when reading about everyone's comments on this forum. See you soon Peregrinos. Helen

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Athiemack, I am also from Aussie and met up with MTC while I was visiting WA last year. I hope to also see you either in SJPdP or Orisson or along the Way. After talking to MTC I decided I had to walk again this year. Now the excitement is building within me especially when reading about everyone's comments on this forum. See you soon Peregrinos. Helen
That's great Helen! MTC just told me you were walking again but didn't realize it would same time as us! Looking forward to meeting you along the way somewhere! Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back