Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Music for the Camino

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
While walking music is always a source of comfort, of joy, of rejuvenation and we all have our favorites. I always enjoy something not tainted by modernism, something more 'appropriate' to the effort, 'properly' medieval. My choice is something not Spanish though occasionally yes Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras both diehard Catalans - no politics intended - but the music so moving and so Camino. With musicians from Catalunya, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and the Balkans a truly international mix. Try this and find more on your own,

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
This is going to sound like I'm some kind of movie groupie... or 'plastic Pilgrim'

But......

My favourite music on Camino, that I listen to sometimes whilst walking.........

Is the the Sound Track.

From

That Movie

It just 'fits'.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
My choice is something not Spanish though occasionally yes Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras both diehard Catalans - no politics intended -
I would say that this music is pure medieval Spanish (castanets and guitar included) from Castile.

padre eric

Past OR future Camino
(2016)
Scruffy1, given your knowledge, perhaps you could build a Spotify playlist and share it with the community?

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

peregrino_tom

Past OR future Camino
Dear Scruffy, I hope I may be forgiven for introducing a cheeky wee diversion to your topic?
I can't listen to music while walking - there's just too much going on around to absorb.
But I found this song in the middle of a bleak UK winter and it evoked the best of afternoons in sunny albergue gardens. And reminded me to hurry back to Spain as soon as the opportunity arises. NB the virtuosa guitarist is the singer's mum

Pamb

Active follower
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011 & 2014). Camino Ignaciano (just to be different) (Sept 2016). Portuguese 2018
Dear Scruffy, I hope I may be forgiven for introducing a cheeky wee diversion to your topic?
I can't listen to music while walking - there's just too much going on around to absorb.
But I found this song in the middle of a bleak UK winter and it evoked the best of afternoons in sunny albergue gardens. And reminded me to hurry back to Spain as soon as the opportunity arises. NB the virtuosa guitarist is the singer's mum
Love her voice and she enunciates clearly enough so even I can understand.

Obidad

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese (2019)
While walking music is always a source of comfort, of joy, of rejuvenation and we all have our favorites. I always enjoy something not tainted by modernism, something more 'appropriate' to the effort, 'properly' medieval. My choice is something not Spanish though occasionally yes Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras both diehard Catalans - no politics intended - but the music so moving and so Camino. With musicians from Catalunya, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and the Balkans a truly international mix. Try this and find more on your own,

Looking forward to listening to all these responses. Really enjoyed watching Europe MTV in some of the places we stayed at it - no music videos on MTV in USA ( that I grew up with)
[/QUOTE]

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Looking forward to listening to all these responses. Really enjoyed watching Europe MTV in some of the places we stayed at it - no music videos on MTV in USA ( that I grew up with)
[/QUOTE]
To really get into the mood, you need a musician who plays on something that looks like a cigar box with a broom handle attached. In a more serious note search out he and his wife, sadly RIP, the amazing and beautiful Montserrat Figueras, try here!!!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated