Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

My first time Camino

Nelsa walker

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino (2017)
Hi all,
My husband and I got tickets to Toulouse then catch a train to St Jean Pied de Port via Bayonne! I have heard this is a very difficult route! I have been also told that going to Biarritz would make our journey less strenuous but inexperience took over!
Any advice please! Ps we are flying from UK
MANY THANKS,
Nelsa Walker

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum.
There aren't many trains from Toulouse to Bayonne. You may have set yourselves up for some adventures. Yes, a flight to Bordeaux or Biarritz might have made the next bit a bit simpler, but hey - its camino. Its supposed to be a bit of a challenge, its supposed to take you out of the usual comfort zones, its supposed to take you to places you would never otherwise go. Just don't buy any second-hand naval uniforms while you are there - it is a well known fact that french sailors' trousers are always Toulouse or Toulon ;)

And buen camino...

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
Tincatinker is correct, that's why he is a moderator and also has a great sense of humor:eek:!
The trains to Biarritz/Bayonne from Provence do a weird routing where they split in two and change directions in Dax, you must make sure you are on the correct car or you will find yourself head north to Bordeaux.
There are fewer trains headed from the east to the west because the French think everyone is headed to Paris. C'est la vive, Ile de France!
Biarritz is a lovely town and worth visiting, this is also true of Bayonne. So depending on your rail schedule I would suggest staying in one or the other towns because I doubt you can make the trip from Toulouse to Bayonne and still make it in time for the departure time for the last train from Bayonne to SJPdP in the same day.
Buen Camino!

Nelsa walker

Camino (2017)
Welcome to the forum.
There aren't many trains from Toulouse to Bayonne. You may have set yourselves up for some adventures. Yes, a flight to Bordeaux or Biarritz might have made the next bit a bit simpler, but hey - its camino. Its supposed to be a bit of a challenge, its supposed to take you out of the usual comfort zones, its supposed to take you to places you would never otherwise go. Just don't buy any second-hand naval uniforms while you are there - it is a well known fact that french sailors' trousers are always Toulouse or Toulon ;)

And buen camino...
Hola Tincatinker, thanks for your prompt reply to my post! Really appreciated. We only going for a week because our work commitments so time is tight and go back later this year in autumn. We just cancelled our flight to Toulouse and we are looking at Biarritz instead. Thanks so much

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads