• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My wife is leaving me...

bananarama

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
VdLP 2022
Frances 2022
...leaving for a few days to walk the English camino!!!

She's flying to A Coruña on Dec 25th, walking 26, 27, 28, and returning 29th via SdC. I'm really excited for her. I've suggested she don't miss out on eating "Galician caldo" and whatever other goodies the Galicians have to offer.

P.S. I hope the Galician weather is kind to her.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Does anyone know is the "Iglesia de Santiago" in A Coruña is open on December 25th? She's looking to get her first stamp there and their website says there are 2 masses on festive days but it's not obvious if that includes the 25th.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Does anyone know is the "Iglesia de Santiago" in A Coruña is open on December 25th? She's looking to get her first stamp there and their website says there are 2 masses on festive days but it's not obvious if that includes the 25th.
The opening hours for visits are very limited on any day — as I recall (but don’t quote me), between 11am-1pm or similar. But mass could be a different story. There’s a wooden statue of Santiago inside that I enjoyed seeing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The opening hours for visits are very limited on any day — as I recall (but don’t quote me), between 11am-1pm or similar. But mass could be a different story. There’s a wooden statue of Santiago inside that I enjoyed seeing.

She's found an email address! Fingers crossed...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don’t forget to try the famous Tortilla de Betanzos, a wetter version of tortilla español. Es muy muy rico!

She LOVES tortilla! But she'll miss out on Betanzos because she starts from A Coruña (technically she started already when she did the Reading to Southampton route earlier this year)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can' t recommend any restaurant on Camino Inglés for caldo. My cousin has a vegetable garden and I eat caldo in his house. The other day I invited him in restaurante San Andrés in Betanzos not cheap but I liked very much. It didn' t have caldo nor tortilla.

She's flying to A Coruña on Dec 25th, walking 26, 27, 28, and returning 29th via SdC. I'm really excited for her. I've suggested she don't miss out on eating "Galician caldo" and whatever other goodies the Galicians have to offer.

And are you seriously just going to watch from the sidelines? Ah! Come on! You will miss so much...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

€46,-
Sorry I totally forgot to update the thread: my wife received a reply from the "Igrexa de Santiago" in A Coruña. They will have two masses on the 25th and she'll be able to get a stamp just before/after either one. Great news! This way she'll be able to leave before sunrise on the 26th :cool:

So all the i's and t's are done, all that's left for her to do is surrender to the Galician weather :p

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Galician Caldo is ok soup but nothing to brag about. For me it's a comfort food and would sure warm you up after walking in the rain. If grandma made it I'm sure it would bring back memories.

Galician Caldo is ok soup but nothing to brag about. For me it's a comfort food and would sure warm you up after walking in the rain. If grandma made it I'm sure it would bring back memories.
I wouldn't write home about it either, but it's a classic peasant dish and like you say, it'll go down well after a long day outside.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back