• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Need some info on this Alburque

Time of past OR future Camino
Hopefully leave the states 2nd week of April 2014, Right now i am lost in my existence of living my life and need a cleansing before making my move to Cambodia
Can anyone tell me where i can stay with '''wait'''wait''' EL RAMON

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Uhm... Im gonna have a wild guess here....

Hollywood?:D

Well this could be a tricky one...........is it a play, a book, a film......................maybe a bird or a plane.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well this could be a tricky one...........is it a play, a book, a film......................maybe a bird or a plane.
I think you hit all the nails on the head, As i think "EL RAMON" was flying like a plane,was a little cuckoo like a bird, looked like he was playing a couple characters in a play,that he read from a book, to play the part in the film. Buen Camino

Uhm... Im gonna have a wild guess here....

Hollywood?:D
Dang it is there a Hollywood on the Camino???????? Cheers

Hi Jeff,

Just trying to be half serious........................How about........RAMON SOSTRES, HOSTEL CASA RAMON SANTA BARBARA SOSTRES, TORRES DEL RIO.
Is there a prize ?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Jeff,

Just trying to be half serious........................How about........RAMON SOSTRES, HOSTEL CASA RAMON SANTA BARBARA SOSTRES, TORRES DEL RIO.
Is there a prize ?
No worries my fault at not being serious at all... If that is him and that is the place then i will stay there next month.. EL RAMON buen camino

Hi Jeff,

Is there a prize ?
OH OH i forgot your prize is an "EL RAMON" stamp on you PASSPORT PASSPORT PLEASE i need passports

Trying to find this guy is hard ,Would like to make a reservation !!!LOL

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jeff,

This might help................................

Detailed much better by Jack Hitt in his book, Off The Road, and later shown in a lengthy scene in The Way, I can tell you that spending the night in Ramon Sostres' "refugio" in Torres Del Rio was a very strange experience. (His was the ramshackle house with no front door, no furniture, no electricity, no running water and where the bathroom was the backyard.) Although they made him out to be a little more flamboyant than when I met him, I can vouch for the movie's verisimilitude on this strangest of overnight stays. :shock:
Telluridewalker, Jan 12, 2013 Report

No electricity, no phone known in the village as CRAZY HOUSE.
If you ever survive please send report.
Could just be what you are looking for but see the film first.

Hi Jeff,

This might help................................

Detailed much better by Jack Hitt in his book, Off The Road, and later shown in a lengthy scene in The Way, I can tell you that spending the night in Ramon Sostres' "refugio" in Torres Del Rio was a very strange experience. (His was the ramshackle house with no front door, no furniture, no electricity, no running water and where the bathroom was the backyard.) Although they made him out to be a little more flamboyant than when I met him, I can vouch for the movie's verisimilitude on this strangest of overnight stays. :shock:
Telluridewalker, Jan 12, 2013 Report

No electricity, no phone known in the village as CRAZY HOUSE.
If you ever survive please send report.
Could just be what you are looking for but see the film first.
You are awesome !!! Is it easy to find {thanks for the area} I would like to work out my walk so that i could stay there. Its one of my favorite parts in the movie and i knew it must of been for real.. Any more info you can remember i would appreciate it. Buen Camino

Hi guys,

Not meaning to bring bad news. In '12, I was having a drink with the hospitalera on my stop just before TdR. We had great conversation about many things. For some reason, we spoke of "El Ramon". She informed me he no longer runs his refugio. Forgetting the reason at the moment as to why. Perhaps something has changed and he's back. If I come up with information which contradicts, I'll pass it along to you.

Great way to have excitement for the Camino no matter.

¡Salud!
Simeon

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That makes me sad! But i for one am not the kind who gives up easily ,as i will still stop to see if i might befriend oll "EL RAMON" and if nothing else say hello and have a glass of wine. Thank you for that info.. Buen Camino

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
El Ramon is creative writing inspired by Hitt. From an interview with Estevez:
The supporting characters in The Way like El Ramon, were they straight from the research or did you—
Oh, no, El Ramon was from the Jack Hitt book [Off the Road: A Modern-Day Walk Down the Pilgrim's Route]. That was the source material from which I was inspired to create the Jack character [Nesbitt] and El Ramon was a character that Jack Hitt bumped into when he was out on a communal in the 90s.
The gypsy street in Burgos also is creative writing. Estevez discusses it on the DVD. A gypsy camp looks more like this:
gypsy camp.jpg

Awesome info just put address in phone,Thank you good stuff. I will say hello to "EL RAMON" when i get settled in

Hi Jeff,

Don't let the doubters get you down, he is out there. As many have stated in past threads.............THE CAMINO PROVIDES...........go find him rover.

TARDIUS, INFERIUS, FRAGILLIUS .
torresdelrio5_cacb00a9ca5f98d2b6c542d05d5b0b39.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back