• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Pilgrim - French Route

Gemajams

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 5, 2017, starting in St. Jean
Gene & I can't wait to start our camino from SJPP on 9/5, and to meet other pilgrims along the way. This forum has been extremely helpful in our planning and we very much appreciate all the interaction and feedback I've received on my posts. Thank you Thank you Thank you

We are so excited!!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Newbie also and I am starting from SJPP on 31st. I found lodging there on 30th but Roncesvalles is full for the 31st so I have booked into the Albergue Haizea in Espinal. I realize its about an extra hour or so. I would appreciate any feedback in regards to this place or even my plan. Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Any suggestions for a hotel few nights in Leon?

In Leon the Benedictinas next to their albergue also offer the
Hospideria PAX
with private accommodation which is very nice and which you can reserve.
Here is their web--
http://www.hospederiapax.com/

Their Pilgrim albergue provides dormitory accommodation for 134 with shared facilities but does not accept reservations except for groups. Both facilities are located on the plaza Santa MarĂ­a del Camino.

The Hospideria has a pleasant dining room open to all with a good inexpensive daily menu .

While often staying in the pilgrim albergue I peeked at the Hospideria facilities which appear to be very comfortable. The choice is up to you!

Do check out the many tips/advice in this earlier forum thread re the Leon to Astorga stretch.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/leon-to-astorga.24955/

Buen camino!

Hostel Covent Garden, Calle Ancha, Leon. It is not a hotel, but if you want an excellent bed, sheets, towel, duvet, clean shower/bathroom, breakfast included, central location.. €17.00. Buen Camino.
(By the way, my connection with it is that I stayed there, I have no vested interest in it)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In the light of the above post I have a question: Do pilgrims need to take their own sheets or are they provided in the albergues?

In the light of the above post I have a question: Do pilgrims need to take their own sheets or are they provided in the albergues?
Mack, in my experience of parochial and municipal albergues, all provide some type of cover for the mattress. Pilgrims are expected to bring either a sleeping bag or liner, for hygiene and warmth. Also something to act as pillow cover.When there is the luxury of a cotton bedsheet, it is clearly worth mentioning!

This is an off topic question but one I thought about while walking this AM. Has anyone had issues with taking their trekking poles on the plane if you don't check your bag. Am flying into Madrid and I was told by a friend to not check my bag as it may/will get lost.
Thoughts?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is an off topic question but one I thought about while walking this AM. Has anyone had issues with taking their trekking poles on the plane if you don't check your bag. Am flying into Madrid and I was told by a friend to not check my bag as it may/will get lost.
Thoughts?
Oh @LaurieW that question is definitely off-topic. Indeed it is its own special worm-can. Try searching "poles + plane" and get yourself a whole evenings reading. :cool:

It would be very much appreciated if members did not respond to this question here. Let Laurie discover the wonders and wisdom of this forum for herself.

Here are some starters: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNE3qFJC-WXOK-zyrgDhOs45aTKi_A Walking poles - how to take them on a flight?? | Camino de Santiago ... Trekking poles as carry on? | Camino de Santiago Forum

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back