• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping to walk end of July or beginning of August
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances” starting in Sarria over the course of 10 nights. Walking 10-15km per day. I know that sounds slow….but hey, it will be me and my friend, she is 70 and I am 61. (I have some health issues that require taking it slow and easy) We got this, however slow we may be… any rate, wondering if anyone has references for a company to help us with planning accommodations and luggage transfers. We really want to experience the as much as we can, although we do want to have private accommodations with possibly a luxury accommodation every other night. WOULD appreciate any referral to a company for help with securing accommodations. THANK YOU, so excited for this experience. Thanks Denise

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Denise,

Welcome to this forum. On the internet you can find plenty of travel organizations offering caminos. Below there are 2 that offer caminos from Sarria to Santiago. Note: I have no experience with either of them (or any other travel agency). Just check them out:
- www.caminoways.com
- www.santiagoways.com

Happy planning!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It will be hot in August so take care, especially if you have other health issues.
I am from the US, California to be specific. Not familiar with high humidity, although OK with it being slightly warm. We are planning to do the “Easy Camino” with not more than 8-10 miles in one day. From my research it stated temps might be in the high 80’s. I was thinking that isn’t horrible. In a perfect world I would wait until Spring of next year as from pics I see it is gorgeous. I am concerned if I don’t do it now, I might not be able to do it next year. Can you give me some insight of weather during these times? I can do 80 degree…but 100 will be pushing it…eeekkk. (health issues are brain tumor related not lungs)

Hi Denise,

Welcome to this forum. On the internet you can find plenty of travel organizations offering caminos. Below there are 2 that offer caminos from Sarria to Santiago. Note: I have no experience with either of them (or any other travel agency). Just check them out:
- www.caminoways.com
- www.santiagoways.com

Happy planning!
Thank You - I was looking at Caminoways - that is how I found “Easy Camino Frances” - I really thought using one of these companies would be better for me, as due to health issues (brain tumor) my communication gets horrible when I am stressed or anxious. I have aphasia and it is emphasized when I am in an unfamiliar situation. So having things lined up will give me solace. 5 years ago I could have ran by the seat of my pants…not now. Lol! Thank you for the insight.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am from the US, California to be specific. Not familiar with high humidity, although OK with it being slightly warm. We are planning to do the “Easy Camino” with not more than 8-10 miles in one day. From my research it stated temps might be in the high 80’s. I was thinking that isn’t horrible. In a perfect world I would wait until Spring of next year as from pics I see it is gorgeous. I am concerned if I don’t do it now, I might not be able to do it next year. Can you give me some insight of weather during these times? I can do 80 degree…but 100 will be pushing it…eeekkk. (health issues are brain tumor related not lungs)
I have diabetes. I also take a BP med that makes me more susceptible to sun. I have had more than one heat injury. Once you've had one, you can be predisposed to others. At least one on my military years and one 3 summers ago on the Camino Aragones when the heat was cranking up to above the 90's. We ran out of water on a 10 mile stretch without other services. My husband caught up with me lying under a shrub on my pack for a sliver of shade. I tried to call a cab, but at that location, the nearest one was an hour away. After resting a few moments, I stumbled along thinking I could get to a cemetery I saw on the Google Maps, thinking there would surely be water there. Nope! Only plastic flowers, but as I lay in the ditch by the side of the road in the shade of the cemetery wall, I checked, and it had been an hour and the cab driver was back home.

She came to get us and carried me up the hill to the albergue. I drank lots of water and felt quite ill and that ended our Camino walking for the summer.

My mistake was walking too late in the day to match my husband's slower pace. I didn't have enough water and misjudged my own abilities. Now I try to walk in the winter and limit walking in the heat to only before noon or 1 pm at the latest even at home.

Sorry, long story. Heat can be dangerous depending on your health and condition. Just be careful.

I’ve heard Andaspain Walking Adventures is good. I am currently communicating with Macs Adventure. My husband and I are newbies hoping to begin in Sarria next month. We both have health issues and cannot take much time off but are so excited to do this small part of the camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Camino Francés is no more humid than California.
Thank you, this makes me feel better. I am used to CA heat, although I don’t want to walk in the 100’s but can handle 80/90’s. Not a fan of humidity…I avoid Florida. Lol!

Thank you, this makes me feel better. I am used to CA heat, although I don’t want to walk in the 100’s but can handle 80/90’s. Not a fan of humidity…I avoid Florida. Lol!
I live in Southern Oregon, but I grew up in Sacramento. I find the weather along the Camino to be very similar to California and Southern Oregon.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.