• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not what i hoped for, more than i expected

jonchunk

Time of past OR future Camino
(9/2019)
So my camino was cut short after 11 or so days. I truly lost track. I had to desperately get back home to take care of personal family matters. In the short time on the camino, I had allowed myself to be consumed by what it had to offer on my journey of self reflection. I can honestly say I've met some of the most beautiful, honest, and genuine people in my 50 yrs of living on this earth. I had experienced the lowest lows in my life, and at the same time, some of the most comforting emotional embraces that I've ever known. I believe this experience will help me be a better person moving forward in this life. A brief interaction with a gentleman named francesco at casa leon near belorado allowed me to realize that if you open your heart and eyes, people (even strangers) can help you change for the better. My only advice, if you find yourself "doing" the camino 5 times, you may be doing it for adventure or exercise, and that is ok. I didn't even need to complete the camino once to realize how much it has to offer. Don't worry about the race to the destination to get your stamp saying you've completed the camino de compostela. Think about the truest words I've heard about the camino from a gentleman named steve, It's the journey my friend, not the destination!
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It can indeed be a life changing experience. Hope all is ok at home, and that you have a good camino wherever life takes you :)

So my camino was cut short after 11 or so days. I truly lost track. I had to desperately get back home to take care of personal family matters. In the short time on the camino, I had allowed myself to be consumed by what it had to offer on my journey of self reflection. I can honestly say I've met some of the most beautiful, honest, and genuine people in my 50 yrs of living on this earth. I had experienced the lowest lows in my life, and at the same time, some of the most comforting emotional embraces that I've ever known. I believe this experience will help me be a better person moving forward in this life. A brief interaction with a gentleman named francesco at casa leon near belorado allowed me to realize that if you open your heart and eyes, people (even strangers) can help you change for the better. My only advice, if you find yourself "doing" the camino 5 times, you may be doing it for adventure or exercise, and that is ok. I didn't even need to complete the camino once to realize how much it has to offer. Don't worry about the race to the destination to get your stamp saying you've completed the camino de compostela. Think about the truest words I've heard about the camino from a gentleman named steve, It's the journey my friend, not the destination!
Buen Camino
the true spirit of the Camino

😇

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had allowed myself to be consumed by what it had to offer
This is a very nice way to put it, and I'm glad you were able to do that in such a personally satisfying way. I also hope all is well with your family.
if you find yourself "doing" the camino 5 times, you may be doing it for adventure or exercise, and that is ok.
Maybe, but there is no reason why, on repeat caminos, you can't still allow yourself to be consumed by what it has to offer. It offers something different each time. I expect you'll be back!

None of my caminos were dramatically transformational, but I think I learn something for the better, each time.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.