• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

November walking starting St Jean 26th October

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It will be cold...I remember so well that bright and sunny morning in Najera where a pharmacy's thermometer showed 8 degrees in Celsius. It was the beginning of November.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My son (20 y/o) and I are walking out of SJPdP on Nov 2nd. If anyone is arriving MAD early AM on the 1st and needs a lift to Pamplona (renting a car) and split taxi to St Jean let me know.
Dave C.

Hi, I’m planning to set off from SJPP on 8th of Nov. very worried heavy snow 1st day. And it is getting dark pretty soon. I’m not sure if I should skip SJPP-Roncesvalles and start from
Roncesvalles as 1st day or not. It will be great to meet some pals on the way.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I’m planning to set off from SJPP on 8th of Nov. very worried heavy snow 1st day. And it is getting dark pretty soon. I’m not sure if I should skip SJPP-Roncesvalles and start from
I will be watching the weather as it gets closer. We will make the decision the day prior. If we depart from SJPdP we are planning to stop in Valcarlos.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I will be watching the weather as it gets closer. We will make the decision the day prior. If we depart from SJPdP we are planning to stop in Valcarlos.
Hi, thanks for offering. Valcarlos this option. My app did not inform me this station. The distance from SJPP -Valcarlos is acceptable.

@Chihan
Either is a good starting point. You can spend the night in Valcarlos and make the first two days easier.
I will take your advise to stay in Valcarlos. Is it easy to find a place to stay during Nov.?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For more on the pleasant Valcarlos municipal albergue where you can reserve a bunk see
You can email the Valcarlos municipal office to ask for a reservation at Luzaide-Valcarlos@wanadoo.es and at
turismo@luzaide-valcarlos.net.
or telephone them at
+34 948 79 01 17.

As you walk up the main street of Valcarlos, Calle Elizaldea, shortly after passing the church you will see the municipal building on the opposite side of the road and a contemporary sculpture representing pilgrims. If it is a working day you can enter the municipal building and stop at the Secretary's door which is marked on the second floor to ask for the albergue door code. After leaving the municipal office turn at the sculpture and walk down the lane passing the kindergarden to the stairs leading down to the albergue door. Enter and take a bunk.

Between Valcarlos and Roncesvalles there is no place to buy food nor is there potable water. Be prepared!

Last edited:
You know that the Napoleon route will be closed, right? You will have to take the Valcarlos route.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello, is there any luggage transportation from SJPP to Santiago in winter? I would like to send my luggage around 27” directly from SJPP to Santiago. Thanks.

For more on the pleasant Valcarlos municipal albergue where you can reserve a bunk see
You can email the Valcarlos municipal office to ask for a reservation at Luzaide-Valcarlos@wanadoo.es and at
turismo@luzaide-valcarlos.net.
or telephone them at
+34 948 79 01 17.

As you walk up the main street of Valcarlos, Calle Elizaldea, shortly after passing the church you will see the municipal building on the opposite side of the road and a contemporary sculpture representing pilgrims. If it is a working day you can enter the municipal building and stop at the Secretary's door which is marked on the second floor to ask for the albergue door code. After leaving the municipal office turn at the sculpture and walk down the lane passing the kindergarden to the stairs leading down to the albergue door. Enter and take a bunk.

Between Valcarlos and Roncesvalles there is no place to buy food nor is there potable water. Be prepared!
Thank you very much for those Information. Very helpful.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I’ll be departing Saint Jean in a week!!
👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back