A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Oporto - suggestions of where to spend the night

hotel in Porto

Thought I would recomend my favourite hotel in Porto which is the Hotel Pennisular, Rua S6 Da Bandeira 21. telephone 222 003 012.

It is an old art deco hotel which oozes faded glamour and has a fantastic lift inside.

It is very conveniently located in the centre near the railway station and is very friendly, clean and good value at 22 euros, rising to 72 euro's for a double in high season (that does include breakfast and a bathroom)

Ask for a room at the front, they are a little more expensive but the rooms are bigger and brighter and have got antique furnishings.

Ther are loads of hotels in Porto so you shouldn't have any problems finding somewhere to stay once you arrive.

The Grande Hotel de Paris is on Rua de Fabrica, it is cheap and again art deco in it's decoration, It's nice but not as great as the Hotel Pennisular. :D If you require a number let me know.

Ate Logo

Camino(s) past & future
CF, SJPDP-Finisterre, June-July 2016. CPort, Porto-Santiago, June-July 2017, inshallah.
Albergue Do Peregrinos. The owner has cycled the camino many times and carries a sincere, huge love for it. It is clean and spacious with good facilities.

I like to stay in an albergue before setting off to meet pilgrims, learn about the pilgrimage and get into the spirit of it.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.3%
  • April

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • May

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • June