• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Orission! Can You Hear Me Now ?

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
If anyone reading this is headed towards Orission anytime soon please tell them Joe Bott at el has tried several times to contact them to make reservations with no luck . :( Need the 26th of Sept 14' for 3 ... have them email me at histroy101@aol.com that histROy101@aol.com ( so ,, ok I can't spell :) )

I will forever in your debt !

Thank You
Joe

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If anyone reading this is headed towards Orission anytime soon please tell them Joe Bott at el has tried several times to contact them to make reservations with no luck . :( Need the 26th of Sept 14' for 3 ... have them email me at histroy101@aol.com that histROy101@aol.com ( so ,, ok I can't spell :) )

Thank You
Joe
They are closed until the pass is open so pilgrims can use the Napoleon route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
No worries, Joe! I will be going by there next week but will not be able to leave a message as they are not open until April. Right now, they are probably getting organized for the coming season.

I was through at about the same time of year you are planning and I did not make a reservation until late August. You will get an e-mail the moment they have a chance. They are good and very professional people.

B

Thank You
Joe

Joe did you try emailing them direct or just from the web site? I had difficulty getting through with the web site but got a quick response after emailing direct.

Good luck!

Fr. Moses

Joe did you try emailing them direct or just from the web site? I had difficulty getting through with the web site but got a quick response after emailing direct.

Ah! Good point, Fr. Moses.

For the last seven years or so, I always cut-and-paste contact info into my e-mail contacts list and e-mail direct. never a problem that way.

It is worth a try, Joe.

B

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
No worries, Joe! I will be going by there next week but will not be able to leave a message as they are not open until April. Right now, they are probably getting organized for the coming season.

I was through at about the same time of year you are planning and I did not make a reservation until late August. You will get an e-mail the moment they have a chance. They are good and very professional people.

B

Try these
refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr
jean-jacque@wanadoo.fr

Lorene ,Indyinmaine , Simply B , Monk Moses ... Thank you :) I appreciate your help

Good luck!

Fr. Moses

just now mailed direct .. fingers crossed

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It just takes patience. Sometimes they are minding the email inbox, and sometimes they aren't. But they always respond eventually!

Joe, I wanted to let you know that I just received our invoice for Orisson today for September 2014 and paid it.

I was concerned as I hadn't heard back (as I've never done this before) but I would trust they are getting back to you soon. They may be working through a stack of paperwork right now if they are just getting ready to open up again.

We were so elated that I think we paid it in 30 seconds flat:) A lot of screaming and happy dancing over here. I'm sure you'll be hearing soon!

By the way, I used this email to reach them: refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Joe, I wanted to let you know that I just received our invoice for Orisson today for September 2014 and paid it.

I was concerned as I hadn't heard back (as I've never done this before) but I would trust they are getting back to you soon. They may be working through a stack of paperwork right now if they are just getting ready to open up again.

We were so elated that I think we paid it in 30 seconds flat:) A lot of screaming and happy dancing over here. I'm sure you'll be hearing soon!

By the way, I used this email to reach them: refuge.orisson@wanadoo.fr

CarolinaSF ..I received an email from a friend of Jean-Jacques saying that he will be open on April 1 . That he is ( like you said) working through a stack or papers . She gave me a couple phone numbers and the link for Orission. The one I used several times with no luck . I will get with them this week , make my deposit and do my happy dance too :) .

I think it might be worth Orission's effort to post a notice on the website the dates they are closed and that emails will be replied to as soon as possible. It appears theirs a few folks that have had to scratch their heads wondering what the situation is .

I sent a request to them two days ago (21th). Tonight after coming back from the sea, (hunting the Northern Lights, with success) I had a nice email and a Paypal invoice in my mailbox, which I paid promptly. I am quite sure they must be overburdened by enquiries, so be a little patient. By the way, I only used their contact form on their website. So, a bed and a dinner is secured on the 27th of April. :cool:

On another matter: I am quite confident I could reach Roncesvalles in one day, but: This is the first walking day, and I do not want to strain my feet. I did that mistake in Sevilla a few years back, when I walked so much in the streets of the city that I ended up starting my Camino on the next day with a severe blister! The end result? I had to go to hospital and stay for four days in Merida for healing. However, Merida is a very nice place to rest after an injury...;)

Oh, how things fall into place as soon as the decision to walk has been taken!

Last edited:
When i contacted them a few weeks ago i had an e mail back within a couple of hours and paid a couple of hours after that, I had read that they can be difficult to contact but my own experience was totally different
Good luck
Dave

Sounds like they might queuing their reservation overload contacting April now then May ,, June etc .. Wow , wish I had a business like that !

I sent a request to them two days ago (21th). Tonight after coming back from the sea, (hunting the Northern Lights, with success) I had a nice email and a Paypal invoice in my mailbox, which I paid promptly. I am quite sure they must be overburdened by enquiries, so be a little patient. By the way, I only used their contact form on their website. So, a bed and a dinner is secured on the 27th of April. :cool:

I also made a reservation for the 27th of April so I'll see you there Alex!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Thank You
Joe
Hey Joe --- Any luck with your Orisson reservation?

I have just booked my flights and if all goes according to plan, I will begin out of SJPP on the 26th. Hope to see you on the camino!!

Hey Joe --- Any luck with your Orisson reservation?
I have just booked my flights and if all goes according to plan, I will begin out of SJPP on the 26th. Hope to see you on the camino!!

Yes! .. Apparently they didn't open until April something so my emails weren't answered . , they have been answered . Same for the 26th here probably see you Orission if your planning on staying . Bernatchez M .. might want to sidel over to the September -2014-Peregrino's thread.. seems to be a bunch of folks heading out that month .

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-2014-peregrinos.24717/page-3#post-213122

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back