A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Orrison albergue

:?: Hello. I will be starting the Camino from SJPDP on May 1 and would like to spend the first night at Orrison. Does anyone know if you can make a reservation, or is there a good chance there will be plenty of beds at that time of year? If you can make a reservation, how do I contact them? I don't want to get there mid afternoon and then find there is no where to stay.
thanks, MDB

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:

Jerome74

I wrote them an e-mail 10 days ago, it was read but I didn't get an answer back ...

Right now I'll think I'll go all the way to Roncesvalles anyway. Since I can start early in SJ this should be doable. Even as the first leg ... :shock: :D

Donovan

Jerome,

Try again, your email may just have escaped their system. I emailed them to book a place in early September last year. My email was in English, but invited them to respond in French if they wished. From then on correspondence was in French. At their request I phoned a day or so ahead of the due date to confirm my booking. It is great place to stay. It provides a gentle start to the Camino, the owners are very nice people and the dinner there was outstanding

Buen Camino

In addition to the rooms, the owners have put up a number of small pup tents in the back of the gite. You can't reserve a space in the tent, but they're there in case the gite is full. I think there is probably space for an additional 15-20, but my memory is getting a little fuzzy on that.

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 1-Oct 3 (2015)
Hello fellow pilgrims,

Can i ask for some help please. I sent a reservation request for Sept 1 last week for 2 beds here but never received a response. i followed up yesterday and today there is still no word. I'v read in previous posts that it takes time for them to respond. But getting worried as the date is drawing near.

Any suggestions on what i can do? Are there other albergues in orisson?

Thank you.

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
Hi Angie, Orisson will be fully booked already for 1 Sep, an extremely popular starting date :(

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 1-Oct 3 (2015)
Oh my! September 2 perhaps? Haha. Im hopeful there are slots still. Or at the very least an e-mail confirming there are none. That way i can mentally & emotionally prep for the long walk to roncesvalles.

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
The Valcarlos route is just as nice, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a bed there if you want to break the stage to Roncesvalles into two. Jill

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 1-Oct 3 (2015)
The Valcarlos route is just as nice, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a bed there if you want to break the stage to Roncesvalles into two. Jill
Thanks, Jill . Appreciate it. I'll read up on Valcarlos then. Whichever way, I'm sure it will be fine. At least we get a bed for the night & we won't over exert ourselves on day 1.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%