• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to Burgos in late September 2024 - albuerges and weather?

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2022 and 2023
Hi all,
I will be walking some of the Frances again starting in late September. My other two trips were in the early Spring. What might I expect in terms of weather in late Sept,-early Oct? Do I need a sleeping bag or will my silk liner be sufficient?

Also, if you have favorite albergues between Pamplona and Burgos I would love to get your advice (anywhere in and between these cities as we will play it by ear where we stop).

Gracias y Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My second Camino (2017 I think) was in September and I had very nice weather pretty much the entire time. I had a liner then and I always only bring a liner - end March early April too.
Some recommendations between your start and end point include: Estella - Albergue Agora, Los Arcos - Casa de la Abuela, Belorado - Casa Waslala Pension

Hola Mendo Girl. My wife, my niece and her husband and my neighbor and I will be walking there at the same time. One of us is old and slow (me) so say Buen Camino as you zoom past us. We will each carry a silk liner treated with permethrin and a light down or synthetic cover. This is my favorite time of year on the Camino. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Starting late Sep I took a single season down bag with me. For the first 2.5 weeks, there was a bit of a heatwave, but even so I made use of the bag at night, even if I had it unzipped or half open. Then it started to get colder and I was especially glad of it. But as ever, we are all different - some run cold, some hot.

Albergues I stayed in that I would recommend in that stretch:

Puente La Reina: Albergue Estrella Guia
Estella: Agora Hostel
Navarette: Albergue La Sombre Del Laurel
Azofra: Albergue Municipal De Peregrinos De Azofra
Granon: Hospital De Peregrinos San Juan Bautista
Ages: Albergue El Pajar De Ages

My wife and I walked that part in Sept, she sleeps hot and rarely used her sleeping bag. I sleep cold and used it every night.
We are in roughly same but opposite shoulder season now, so try it at home. Can you sleep with just the liner?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I’d advise checking the weather forecast right up to the day of departure. I typically walk from mid September through to early April.

September can often be lovely and warm and dry - or totally the opposite.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back