• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pamplona to SJPDP and overnight

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
[Edit: The bus info below is good but the earlier part does not apply to you. I was pretty sure the question asked involved staying in Pamplona and being within walking distance of the cathedral and bus station.

I wasn't crazy; just confused. This information was intended for this request]

We stayed at a new albergue, Casa Ibarrola, that is near the cathedral. It has bunk beds but very fancy ones. Pictures on their webpage http://www.casaibarrola.com/ Note that some pages have a translation tool on them.

This map shows Casa Ibarrola's location. The cathedral is noted a few blocks to the south-east. The bus station is at the lower-case "p" in "Pamplona" (at the north-east corner of a big park near the bottom of the map.)
https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=42.820607,-1.643310&z=15&t=t1

I was not able to connect to the Alsa site for a Sunday bus schedule. Go to https:/www.alsa.es/en/ and click in the "Point of departure" type-in box. A pop-up allows you to pick a "Departure country" of "Spain." Then in the "Point of departure" box start typing "Pamplona" (without the quotes). As you type the name the pop-up starts showing fewer and fewer names until you can either finish typing or click on one of the names shown in the pop-up. Next do something similar in the "Destination" type-in box and pick "France" in the pop-up. Go back to the "Destination" type-in box and (this is the secret) type in the name "Saint Jean de Pied de Port" (without the quotes). If you abbreviate "Saint" as "St" or "St." then Alsa won't find the town.

For info on the bus depot in Pamplona and the train station:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ain-station-to-bus-station.19601/#post-146222

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
What are the best remaining options for getting from Pamplona to SJPDP on a Sunday? What are good modest to medium priced overnight options in SJPDP?
There is a bus for 22 euros leaving at 2:30 on Sunday. I couldn't find it on the internet anywhere but was able to purchase it at the bus station just today.

Have you tried Corazon Puro? They will pick you up in Pamplona, drive you to their albergue for the night (part way between Pamplona and SJPP), and then drive you to SJPP the next morning. Euros 45 for the transportation, the night, dinner and breakfast. Very nice people, too! Check their website here.
Not only that - you can leave some of your things there and pick up on the way back through. They are right on the Camino. That way you can lighten your load crossing the Pyrenees.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another vote for Corazon Pura and Beilari in SJPdP!

Buen Camino,
Priscilla

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back