• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris in August?

obinjatoo@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
Just wondering if there are any other pilgrims out there that may be arriving or already be in Paris on or near the 13th of August. Would love to connect for moral support. I am a fairly experienced traveller. However, I find arriving in big cities after an overnight flight can be a bit overwhelming and disorienting.
Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
obinjatoo,

Be sure to check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

Visit the Tour Saint Jacques and perhaps dine nearby at the Auberge de Nicolas Flamel , 51 rue de Monmorency, a restored medieval house in the marais built by and named for a man who donated much of his wealth to help pilgrims.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived close to 35 years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Margaret, I didn't know about the ruins last year
I will be sure to visit later this year. Thank you.
I agree, beautiful city to wander and think!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
obinjatoo,

Be sure to check out these earlier Forum threads for more about pilgrim sites in Paris and the camino in Paris.

Visit the Tour Saint Jacques and perhaps dine nearby at the Auberge de Nicolas Flamel , 51 rue de Monmorency, a restored medieval house in the marais built by and named for a man who donated much of his wealth to help pilgrims.

When on the parvis or place facing the Notre Dame cathedral below you underground lie Roman ruins and visible to your right across the Seine begins the medieval rue Saint Jacques which pilgrims followed to leave the city; walk it a bit and ponder history.

Take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy it! As an American who has lived close to 35 years in France both in Paris and Champagne even after all those years for me as Thomas Jefferson wrote “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.”

Bon Chemin and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith
Thanks again for the awesome info. I'll try to see the Roman ruins. I looked up Auberge N. Flamel and eating there is waaaaaay out of my price range. I am going to keep my feelers out there for any pilgrims that may be there, show up or decide at the last minute to walk 8 or 9 hundred miles. You never know. I suppose I have heard such unkind things about Parisians and how they treat visitors to their fair city that I'm a little intimidated. Although out of 2 1/2 million residents of the city proper and another 10 million in the "burbs", they can't be ALL bad can they? I also speak exactly 6 words of French ("I don't speak French well") which does not help. My Spanish is excellent however.
I will spend a few days, taking in the Louvre, Notre Dam and trying to get lost in the labyrinth of the smaller streets. In the old days I would have picked up a book of matches from the "hotel" cause you can always show that to a taxi driver. Not that I stay in hotels much as a budget traveler. Nobody uses matches anymore but I do have a very old Smart Phone. Matches, Smart phone... same thing. Thanks again.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back