Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

payment by credit card in gites on the Podiensis

Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Primitivo to Muxia and Finisterre
The last thread on this topic that I see is from several years ago. What is the current situation for payment by credit cards in gites along the Chemin Le Puy? I've been studying the Cicerone guide, which often does not include the Cr symbol and wonder if that's accurate and most don't accept credit cards. That would mean carrying quite bit of cash from day to day or frequent ATM withdrawals. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Francés : Sarria-Santiago (2013)
Via Podiensis : (2014-17)
Via Tolosana : Arles-Toulouse-(2018-19)
The last thread on this topic that I see is from several years ago. What is the current situation for payment by credit cards in gites along the Chemin Le Puy? I've been studying the Cicerone guide, which often does not include the Cr symbol and wonder if that's accurate and most don't accept credit cards. That would mean carrying quite bit of cash from day to day or frequent ATM withdrawals. Thanks for the advice.
It's still very much cash or French checks only. Credit cards are pretty much only accepted in restaurants and hotels and not in the gîtes d'étape.

SueV

Future
Walked the Chemin Le Puy in May this year, we found definitely cash required in gites

empeteal

2017, 2019, 2021
Walked it last year and cash was required in almost all places. Lots of ATM’s along the way and carrying the cash turned out not to be a big deal.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Most read last week in this forum

Well, tomorrow begins Le Chemin de Puy for me… too bad my card got hacked and I can’t receive a replacement😩. It’s a mostly cash environment, so I will survive, but sometimes I am disappointed by...
Well I'm back planning my next Camino. I have 10-12 days to walk and have decided to walk the Le Puy route. Some have said to walk the Cele Variant. Does anyone have any advice on how to...
Does anyone have any insight for hiking the full Chemin du Puy from Le-Puy to Saint- Jean in February. I am planning the hike with my husband and will we will be leaving February first form...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides