• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pensions in Valencia

Burlington

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante'
Happy holidays and season's greetings to all...

On my various trips to Spain, I have stayed in a number of simple pensions in all of the major cities I have visited... These places run about 20-30 Euros a night, and have always been clean, friendly and pleasant.... However, they often don't appear on the more common hotel reservation sites, and it can sometimes take a fair bit of street walking to discover one...

Can anyone suggest a basic pension of this sort somewhere in or near the center of Valencia?

Thank you kindly for your advice... Much appreciated....

Cheers
B

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I understand that Valencia is a fairly expensive city, so the expectation of 20-30 Euros may be hard to achieve. In May 2023 I stayed in Casa del Patriarca, which was very nice and well located. Their website shows single rooms starting at 55 Euros, but the price can vary a lot, depending on season and what special events are occurring at the time. (And Valencia has lots of special events!) Last year I paid 75 Euros, and the weekend right after there was a fiesta, and I had trouble finding anything for even that price. (There are undoubtedly more modest places, but as you said, they are harder to find.) You might also consider staying a bit out of the city centre, as the cercanias train provides very good connections into the city.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.