A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

people

Hi!

I walked two years ago from SJPP to Finisterre and what I really appreciated was meeting people. I'm planning to walk from Oviedo to Santiago next summer, alone as I was last time, but I'd like not to be the only one in the albergue. I was told, and it's also said on the Internet, that there are few people there and you can walk two or three days without meeting anybody. Is it true?

emilio (italy)

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Hi; to answer your question, I've no idea!!!!!!! But you're brave enough to take the Camino in your heart, so there wil be no problem.

Buen Camino

Brian

I would think if you are walking in the Summer, that you will find others, especially now that the Camino is so popular and many are choosing to not do the Camino Frances for it being so crowded.
Lillian

Donovan

Emilio,
I walked this route starting from Oviedo on 5 October last year. There was a group of 4 Belgian pilgrims whom I met in Aviles and whom I saw from time to time all the way to Santiago. Except for them I saw 2 walking pilgrims and 2 cyclists between Oviedo and Mariz, and another 4 walking pilgrims between Mariz and Arzua. After Arzua there were too many to count. Reading the notebooks in the refuges there seemed to be several people staying on most nights in September. I walked the French route last year and much preferred the isolation of the northern route.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%