• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

pilgrims numbers doesn't add up

zammy

On the "crowded amino" topic it is mentioned that more then 2,500 pilgrims had arrived into Santiago, I roughly calculated the number of beds starting form 50 km away , and it all doesn't sum up to more then 1,200-1,400 beds, add to this amount hotel beds and still doesn't add up. WHERE DO THESE PEOLE COME FROM? WHERE DO THEY SLEEP? I wonder.Maybe many are bikers.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Zammy - about 12 000 youth pilgrims walked the last 100km to Santiago earlier this month. They were accommodated in tent towns, gymnasiums, schools, school sports halls etc.
A lot of temproary accommodation was provided for the Holy Year.

i agree with the previous post. i walked this year in may, and a lady told me that only in this Holy Year a seminar is open. Seminario Menor, and most of the pilgrims do not know about it. so , i went there. it was a magnificent place, with a special mood :) , and was not so crowded, as a have heard about the to main albergues. so many places open their doors on holy years :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Can you please say where this seminario is? I am compiling a list of places to stay based on people's recommendations on here.

Thanks

hi,

the Seminario Menor is close to the bus station, the address is:

Albergue Seminario Menor la Asunción
Avda. Quiroga Palacios, 2. A
15703 Santiago De Compostela

i slept there 2 nights, not just one as the other albergues allow. BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE VISITED THE PILGRIMS OFFICE AND HAVE THEIR SELLO. without it you cannot stay at the seminar.
as i remember the price was around 10 euro/night, but it definitely did worth the money.

some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.soni ... 7463569442
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.soni ... 2977988578
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.soni ... 7823845474
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.soni ... 1201509730
http://picasaweb.google.com/monica.soni ... 9867348754

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi - it is easy to find and if you ask in the Pilgrims Office they will give you a map. The PO also now has its own albergue with 175 beds. It is in Fontinas and is clearly marked on the way into Santiago on the Canino Frances. The cost is 6 €.

Thank you, mmonomm. Loved the pictures which have removed some more of my fear about staying in refugios.

Just one of those unreasoning, unreasonable fears about being in such close contact with others but, certainly, your pictures make things a lot less scary.

And thank you to JohnnyWalker for the other address.

My list and notes to myself are growing and my confidence is building! :D

i understand you :) about your fear of staying in albergues.
as a 28 year old woman, walking alone, that was my biggest fear. with how many, and what kind of people will i sleep in the same room????
but actually, when i reached the last 100 km, and slept no more alone in the albergues :),(i walked at the beginning of May, so till the last 100km i was the only one in the albergues, on the portuguese route) i started making friends. and from those, who are using the internet, we are still in contact, and we are planning our next camino together, too!!!! even if i knew no portuguese or just some words of spanish, and all these people were portuguese, spanish and a lady from Argentina. the Camino is breaking down all barriers.
you just share a deep experience, that touches you for all of your life.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE VISITED THE PILGRIMS OFFICE AND HAVE THEIR SELLO.
Perhaps this depends on time of year or person on reception. Just after Easter when I stayed there for one night, there was no request to look at Camino Passport! When I enquired about sello I was directed to stamp as I wished.

Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back