• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

pillows

moonwood

New Member
I have great difficulty sleeping without a pillow. Are there pillows in the refugios along the Camino? If not, does anyone know of a good, lightweight travel pillow. I am trying to avoid the blow up kind as I have not liked these in the past.
Renata
 
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Most places I've stayed in on the Camino Frances have pillows, though you may want to carry a pillow case as some of them have been well-used. You can then improvise a pillow by stuffing clothes or a towel inside your pillowcase.
 
moonwood said:
I have great difficulty sleeping without a pillow. Are there pillows in the refugios along the Camino? If not, does anyone know of a good, lightweight travel pillow. I am trying to avoid the blow up kind as I have not liked these in the past.
Renata

I was about to ask the very same question! I too have an aversion to the blow-up pillows so bought a kapok filled pillow that compresses. Even so, this still takes up more room than I think I can spare. I remain to be convinced by the idea of stuffing a pillow case with clothes. I look forward to further advice on this topic.
 
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Hey Richard.....what is the kapok pillow, where do you get it etc? Anyone else....surely someone knows of some high tech travel pillow to go with the high tech clothing, boots, backpaks, rain gear, sleeping bags etc. Seems as though all travel gear has evolved and advanced over the years, and I'm astounded to discover all that is available in all those travel/treking stores, but the humble blow up pillow remains the same.
Renata
 
Everywhere I stayed on the vdlp had a pillow. I would think long and hard about taking a bulky (but light) item like a pillow. My only action was to cover the probably-never-washed-pillow with a t shirt of mine (marginally cleaner).
 
Within 7 years 50% of a pillows weight consists of dead skin cells (and who knows what else!), let alone dried dribble from a multitude of strangers ... so make sure you take a good cover!
 
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
moonwood said:
Hey Richard.....what is the kapok pillow, where do you get it etc? Anyone else....surely someone knows of some high tech travel pillow to go with the high tech clothing, boots, backpaks, rain gear, sleeping bags etc. Seems as though all travel gear has evolved and advanced over the years, and I'm astounded to discover all that is available in all those travel/treking stores, but the humble blow up pillow remains the same.
Renata

Renata, I bought mine in a local camping store and have seen similar in other such stores. Try http://www.kathmandu.co.uk. Good luck.
Richard
 
Br. David said:
Within 7 years 50% of a pillows weight consists of dead skin cells (and who knows what else!), let alone dried dribble from a multitude of strangers ... so make sure you take a good cover!

Oh!!!!! that is really yuk!!!!! Just another thing to contemplate at night as I attempt to get to sleep amongst strangers, snorers, bedbugs and the like! Think I'll take some antiseptic spray as well!!!!
 

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone here have anything good or bad to report about specific rain jackets / windbreakers available at Decathlon? I'm wondering how their better ones stand up next to the name brands. In...
Hi, all! I recently asked a question about routes & received such overwhelmingly positive responses, I'd like to get a little advice regarding equipment for a 100k Camino! :) Hubby's work...
Hi Pilgrims! I'm planning to walk the Camino Ingles in late May. From what I've read, the majority of the walking takes place on asphalt. I've completed the Camino Frances (from Ponferrada to...
For UK Forum members. I have a brand new never been used Osprey Talon 33 for sale.Colour is blue.Size L/XL. ÂŁ60 plus postage if anyone is interested.Reason for sale is I've decided to use a...
I am arriving in SJPP at 7:43pm on Tuesday June 4. I am thinking the hiking store will be closed when I arrive. I want to get an early start the next morning as I will be heading to Espinal. I am...
I am selling a never used Exos 38L pack that I bought in late 2022 to replace my beloved REI Trail 40 for an upcoming fall 2024 Camino. Unfortunately due to my gym habits, my chest and shoulders...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Similar threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back
Top