• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pillows?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pillow

I would certainly recommend taking a pillowcase to cover a pillow if there is one or your fleece if there is not. If you are used to the camping pillow and it is light and compact (i.e. you know it will be useful, rather than something you have bought for the journey because it seemed like a good idea) then, yes.

Buen Camino
William

Hi Brad,

I brought one on both journeys (it went into a small stuff sack and came out at a surprising size - & fluffy). Though many folks don't (a pillow case on existing pillows - or clothe's stuffed in it - works okay) - It's one indulgence that worked for me and didn't take up much more room than a wadded up pillow case. I think it cost me about 10 US dollars.

John P.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I brought an airline pillow but gave it away on the way. There were some place with pillows, some without, but I was so tired anyways and could sleep really well regardless. later, when I had easy day and wanted something like a pillow, I just rolled a fleece jacket and it worked fine :D

brad

i used one of those u-shaped blow up pillows
loved it and will take it again when i go back in september
for my third camino
i recommend taking a large bandanna rather than a pillowcase
it's more versatile
you can use it for a tablecloth, sit-upon, washrag,
towel, sun shade etc etc etc

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I am thinking I should take a rest day. Maybe book a hostal for a couple of nights, have a room to myself, and not walk at all Or maybe walk just 10km, and a hostal for one night. What do you do...
My wife and I are on the Frances. We’re taking a rest day in Sarria. Before we left the US we read and watched videos, etc.. It occurs to me that a lot of us overthink this thing. On the...
Sign a little west of Pamplona:
I’ve walked a few Caminos and they were always really great hiking trips. I’m home three days now and this First Solo Camino was very different, spiritual, quiet, peaceful. Re-entry back into the...
Obviously a stamp can be obtained at a refugio, but where else? A list can be obtained of refugio locations, is their a list of locations where stamps can also be obtained? Thanks.
Can anyone tell me if it is worth it to visit the archaeological site near Atapuerca if I do not understand any spanish. I am cycling the camino so the extra few kilometres will not be an issue. I...