• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Please post detours

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
It would be ever so helpful if those of you on the VDLP right now would list the construction detours so those of us walking behind you could avoid extra kilometers finding our way around them.

I hope the weather gets better for you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I only did Caceres to Zamora on the main route, the only detour was before Alcantara and it was well signed. Not a big problem. There is work after Zamora but the path and the weather are both so bad that the majority of pilgrims are on the road :(

On my last camino in february/march, the detours started after granje de moreruela (n-630). Between the n-630 and n-631 up to n-525, there are extensive AVE construction going on. I am not at home now, but as i recall, the detours start when you are walking from granje de moreruela on your way to tabara. I believe you will pass through a pueblo, fontanillas de castro, on your way. The waymarkings at this point are quite patchy. I got lost here. At another intersection, there are yellow arrows pointing in 2 directions. If you are walking during working hours ask anyone on the construction site. As you approach tabara, about 2-3 kilometers, look for the temporary yellow arrow. At this point it does not matter as you can see tabara ahead of you.

As you leave tabara for santa marta de croya, there will be detuors again. I believe you can walk to a pueblo called litos. Actually litos is not on the route. I got lost again. The guidebook recommends to go through either berciano or another pueblo. You will see many temporary yellow arrow signs. Unfortunately there are many other areas that are not sign posted, or the posters blew off the post.

I will be backed home in london on monday, give me a shout if i can be of assistance.

Que tengas un buen camino y que dios los bendiga.

Ps - credential pelegrino: by this stage you may run out of space for your sellos, you can get one at the municipal albergue (the cafe-bar) in granje de moreruela. I was told the albergue is very cold by some peregrinos just for your info. I believe it is the only lodging in town.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Plogaw,

I passed through Granje de Morereula last October. There were seven Peregrinos there that night. All of us said we froze that night. In the morning, we all admitted to putting on extra clothes during the night. Fortunately a few of us asked for 2 blankets , so that was a bit of help. The owner did put the heaters on for awhile, but by midnight it was freezing.

We had a great meal there, and breakfast was available at 7am.

Buen camino to all on the trail.

Sandra

As you leave tabara for santa marta de croya, there will be detuors again. I believe you can walk to a pueblo called litos. Actually litos is not on the route. I got lost again. The guidebook recommends to go through either berciano or another pueblo. You will see many temporary yellow arrow signs. Unfortunately there are many other areas that are not sign posted, or the posters blew off the post.

Seems like it's a good time for people to walk via Portugal :D The route isn't affected by the AVE and will be very beautiful when it dries out, i think.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back