Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

LIVE from the Camino Podiatrist in Pamplona?

hawkeyepierce

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 22
Can anyone recommend a podiatrist in Pamplona? Preferably English speaking.

During the descent into Zubiri yesterday I think I developed what I think is a nasty case of posterior tibial tendinitis and I’m not sure I can continue without some professional help.

I’ve developed a severe pain along the inside of my left ankle that includes both pain in my arch and up the calf. My ankle
is quite swollen and painful to the touch. I have notoriously tight calf muscles and don’t think I stretched enough. I also foolishly let myself get dehydrated during yesterday’s stage.

Oddly, it’s more painful when I walk short steps than when I take my normal stride.

I’m now having a lot of trouble walking and am taking a rest day in Pamplona tomorrow to let my ankle heal.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
hawkeyepiece,
Sorry to learn of your painful foot. If you Google the terms Pamplona podiatrist several possibilities will appear; some with English comments. Perhaps you might also ask your host tonight for a suggestion.

Good luck.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anybody know the phone number for the Pilgrim shop in Tricastella in Spain? I was charged twice for the same item. I bought a pair of shoes which cost 29.99. I was asked to tap my card twice...
Friends, My family of four has made it to Palas de Rei today and coming into town my wife slipped and sprained her ankle. She’s unable to finish. We’re considering sending our 17 and 16 year old...
At the entrance to El Burgo Ranero there is a lovely monumental cross, It bears this inscription: "A la memoria de los ninos." Anybody know the story behind that inscription?

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon