• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Planning Two Caminos Post-COVID: Primitivo in September and Frances in April 2023

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctic_Alex

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019
CPrim 2023
This whole Covid chaos has kept me from going on my second camino for over a year now. But as it appears, the waiting only increases the wanderlust! So when I checked my schedules and possibilities I got the strange idea to walk one camino this September, and another one in April 2023 🙈
Not sure, if this is a good idea. Especially with regard to this year being a holy year and the year where the crowds might hit the camino again with full strength. And the same I would expect for 2023 as many like myself had to postpone their walks in recent years.
On the other hand I do not want to wait so much longer.
We are talking about the Primitivo this year, maybe with an emergency tent in my backpack in case accommodation becomes a problem, and the Frances next year.
As stated, this is merely an idea at this stage. Build up some stamina and lose some pounds on the Primitivo in september and then go on a relaxed Frances in april.
Not sure, WHY I am posting this as this is not connected with any kind of question or any need for advice (although I always welcome advice, even if unasked :) ). Or maybe this is just a discussion-starter 😎
I did walk the Frances once but I am totally new to the Primitivo.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!
I'm hoping to be able to walk from Lisbon in April, then return in September for the Norte/Primitivo. 🤞
Wise words maybe, but then again wise words from someone counted as a camino addict ;-)
No, but thank you for your encouragement :)
My only real concern Is actually leaving the dogs and the company for lengthy stretches of time twice ...

So there is a slight chance to stumble into each other either on the way or in Santiago this September ;-)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
While I was living in Biarritz, I did that several times and walking more than one Camino in a year, but.....
then I don't have a dog and I am retired.

While I was living in Biarritz, I did that several times and walking more than one Camino in a year, but.....
then I don't have a dog and I am retired.
Well, I am 50% of the company. So there is someone in the office. But still it feels always a bit bad to leave all the work for the other half! ;-) Same with the dogs, 3 of them.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So when I checked my schedules and possibilities I got the strange idea to walk one camino this September, and another one in April 2023 🙈
I don't think that's strange - it's not even the same calendar year! I finished the CP in Oct 2020 and was back on the trail on the Caminho Nascente in April 2021. I certainly didn't feel that they were too close together. You have the whole winter to dream about the second camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't think that's strange - it's not even the same calendar year! I finished the CP in Oct 2020 and was back on the trail on the Caminho Nascente in April 2021. I certainly didn't feel that they were too close together. You have the whole winter to dream about the second camino!
Maybe it is just me feeling guilty when I take (too) much time off ;-)
Just in itself I could probably do three in a row, if it was just about myself.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good luck with that! Quite a kick start then :cool:
If I am paying $500 to fly over there, I might as well make it worth it.
But who knows what will happen. I could injure myself before I get
to Pamplona, then have to take a bus to Sarria and limp the rest
of the way at at 6 mile per day rate.

Put it this way, many people backpack the whole Appalachian Trail
every year and that's 2200 miles. What I am proposing to do
is about a 1000 miles and I don't need to haul as much stuff
as backpacking.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!
I'm hoping to be able to walk from Lisbon in April, then return in September for the Norte/Primitivo. 🤞
I walked the Frances last September/October and hope to walk from Lisbon this September. I have also looked at the Norte. Can't wait to get back.

We're planning on doing the Podiensis, starting in late April, then cutting across to the Del Norte and continuing along to Santiago, we've got the 90 day visa restriction but should be fine, even hoping for a few days masquerading as a tourist across coastal Spain.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This whole Covid chaos has kept me from going on my second camino for over a year now. But as it appears, the waiting only increases the wanderlust! So when I checked my schedules and possibilities I got the strange idea to walk one camino this September, and another one in April 2023 🙈
Not sure, if this is a good idea. Especially with regard to this year being a holy year and the year where the crowds might hit the camino again with full strength. And the same I would expect for 2023 as many like myself had to postpone their walks in recent years.
On the other hand I do not want to wait so much longer.
We are talking about the Primitivo this year, maybe with an emergency tent in my backpack in case accommodation becomes a problem, and the Frances next year.
As stated, this is merely an idea at this stage. Build up some stamina and lose some pounds on the Primitivo in september and then go on a relaxed Frances in april.
Not sure, WHY I am posting this as this is not connected with any kind of question or any need for advice (although I always welcome advice, even if unasked :) ). Or maybe this is just a discussion-starter 😎
I did walk the Frances once but I am totally new to the Primitivo.
We are hoping to do the Primitivo this September and return in May to walk a couple weeks on the via del la Plata and also plan on a hospitalario stint at an Albergue on the Frances, I’m excited to be planning to be back again, especially with the short term around between Camino’s. Completely with you on the waiting 😊

We are hoping to do the Primitivo this September and return in May to walk a couple weeks on the via del la Plata and also plan on a hospitalario stint at an Albergue on the Frances, I’m excited to be planning to be back again, especially with the short term around between Camino’s. Completely with you on the waiting 😊
also sounds like an exiting plan :)
Looks like there are already three of this from this thread alone who plan for the Primitivo this September!

We're planning on doing the Podiensis, starting in late April, then cutting across to the Del Norte and continuing along to Santiago, we've got the 90 day visa restriction but should be fine, even hoping for a few days masquerading as a tourist across coastal Spain.
Sounds like a lengthy experience ... but certainly fun to also enjoy as a "normal" tourist :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.