• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Posting a small parcel via Correos along the way via general delivery?

mistermike

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to SdC May-July 2019
Port. Coastal Sep 2023
I am looking to post some consumables ahead and some resupply packages from overseas along the way. When I lived in Canada you could address it to yourself such as (my name) C/- General Delivery, (town name), (post code). What is the address format for Correos doing something similar?

Unlike all the other threads I've read, I'm not wanting to post to Santiago like most, and not big packs.

I'm thinking of posting half of my pills ahead to roughly half way, say Burgos. Also I'm ordering some extra SD cards which will be delivered direct from China. Just cheap cards so I can post some home as a backup in case something happens to my gear. I'm thinking of getting those delivered to Pamplona as I know it will be week days when I get there. I'm hiking with my son too (11 years old) so I'm thinking a care package from family back home might be a nice surprise along the way.

So the questions is, what format should my address be and do I need say anything extra like when I'm approx coming through?

Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Your name and the address of the post office (as on their website) will be fine and they will hold for a month. Just make sure you post from within Spain if you can to save $$.

For what it's worth, my kids are so much more interested in finding Spanish stuff when we are there than they would be in receiving things from home which they can have any time, so I would save myself the bother! (your medication is a different story of course - although even with that you might consider seeing if you can just get a prescription filled in Burgos - might be easier)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Your name and the address of the post office (as on their website) will be fine and they will hold for a month. Just make sure you post from within Spain if you can to save $$.
Thanks! So would that be, for example, in Burgos:
(My Name)
C/- Correos
Plaza Conde de Castro, 09002 Burgos

Yes I am intending on taking the extra weight into spain and posting from there. Just seems much easier and cheaper.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If it gets stuck in customs, it will not leave customs until you have dealt with paperwork and paid any customs tax. If this is not done in a few weeks, it will get returned to sender.
So if I have to pay customs before it is delivered I will have moved on before it can be sent to me? Or do you pay customs at the post office and pick up at same time? I'm starting to feel like I might be out of time on this one...

So if I have to pay customs before it is delivered I will have moved on before it can be sent to me? Or do you pay customs at the post office and pick up at same time? I'm starting to feel like I might be out of time on this one...
In my experience, it gets held in Madrid until paperwork and fees are paid. Then it is send to the address on the parcel (the initial one)... I would try to avoid this if I were you. It is complicated if you are on the move.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
In my experience, it gets held in Madrid until paperwork and fees are paid. Then it is send to the address on the parcel (the initial one)... I would try to avoid this if I were you. It is complicated if you are on the move.
Thanks Ivar, yes sounds too complicated. And I don't have time to get anything shipped to Paris now either. If I need more storage I will find a computer shop and buy local whatever I need along the way.

So for posting along the trail within Spain, does this look correct?
For example in Burgos:
(My Name)
C/- Correos
Plaza Conde de Castro, 09002 Burgos

I needed a new charge cable for my TomTom watch after leaving it in an Albergue, I had it delivered to an Amazon collection point in Burgos. Perhaps you could get your SD cards delivered there.

I needed a new charge cable for my TomTom watch after leaving it in an Albergue, I had it delivered to an Amazon collection point in Burgos. Perhaps you could get your SD cards delivered there.
Thanks for that, yes I was wondering about Amazon, I guess amazon.es wont be go through customs. The items I looked at on it were twice the price of here in Australia though. Still, it's probably cheaper than in a small shop on the road and they will have a bigger range too. Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For shipping along the trail I have posted from Pamplona to Burgos. Then Burgos to Leon in winter.
Right now you can’t post from Madrid Airport office as it is closed. Correos has a service where you can post ahead called Paq Peregrino. But not all postal workers are familiar with the process based upon my interactions.

Honestly, If you can avoid shipping ahead do so.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back