• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prehistoria along a very old Camino route (first millennium)

Old Hillwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2022
Due to the hugely increased crowds on the Camino Frances this season, I am thinking of switching my September trip from the Camino Norte to again walk from Pau, FR to Puente la Reina on the Camino Aragon as I did a couple of years ago. However this time I intend to divert from the traditional Camino at Bedous and follow the ancient Camino route (sign posted GR 65.3.3) and up over the Pass of Pau on the old Roman road. Then down through the Hecho valley to Siresa to Berdun and join the traditional Camino Aragon. With the recent facilities existing at Selva de Oza the entire journey can be made without resorting to sleeping on the ground. http://www.valledehecho.es/informacion_turistica/camino-santiago-puerto-palo-calzada-romana/40/

Anyone want to go along on this adventure? Beginning 5 September until ?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Due to the hugely increased crowds on the Camino Frances this season, I am thinking of switching my September trip from the Camino Norte to again walk from Pau, FR to Puente la Reina on the Camino Aragon as I did a couple of years ago. However this time I intend to divert from the traditional Camino at Bedous and follow the ancient Camino route (sign posted GR 65.3.3) and up over the Pass of Pau on the old Roman road. Then down through the Hecho valley to Siresa to Berdun and join the traditional Camino Aragon. With the recent facilities existing at Selva de Oza the entire journey can be made without resorting to sleeping on the ground. http://www.valledehecho.es/informacion_turistica/camino-santiago-puerto-palo-calzada-romana/40/

I am interested,I will be in lescar on september 4th. I need to discuss the trip. Please start a private conversation with me-BEEMAN. thanks

I intend to divert from the traditional Camino at Bedous and follow the ancient Camino route (sign posted GR 65.3.3) and up over the Pass of Pau on the old Roman road. Then down through the Hecho valley to Siresa to Berdun and join the traditional Camino Aragon. With the recent facilities existing at Selva de Oza the entire journey can be made without resorting to sleeping on the ground. http://www.valledehecho.es/informacion_turistica/camino-santiago-puerto-palo-calzada-romana/40/

Sorry I'll be missing you by a few weeks - hoping to leave Pau around the end of September and, a bit after you turn right to Siresa, I mean to head left up the chemin de la Mâture, crossing the frontier at either the Puerta de Astun or a bit further east at Portalet. Hope your trip works well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry I'll be missing you by a few weeks - hoping to leave Pau around the end of September and, a bit after you turn right to Siresa, I mean to head left up the chemin de la Mâture, crossing the frontier at either the Puerta de Astun or a bit further east at Portalet. Hope your trip works well.
AHA! We now have a clue about @alansykes’ Camino 2019. Don’t mean to derail the thread, but Alan, I hope you will start your own and tell us what you are planning! Buen camino, Laurie

AHA! We now have a clue about @alansykes’ Camino 2019. Don’t mean to derail the thread, but Alan, I hope you will start your own and tell us what you are planning! Buen camino, Laurie
Peregrina 2000, I have become interested in crossing the puerto de palo this september. Could you give me some place to find more information about the hike from Lescun to Berun. I can walk alone but hope that there would be someone else coming by in case I get hurt. Thank you!

Peregrina 2000, I have become interested in crossing the puerto de palo this september. Could you give me some place to find more information about the hike from Lescun to Berun. I can walk alone but hope that there would be someone else coming by in case I get hurt. Thank you!
Here you go: http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZE1.11.Aqu.Pau.Vppyr.01.htm

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Samoht, Sorry that I missed your conversation in Feb. I am 74 and have been a beekeeper for 50 years,this coming fall. I start walking from Lescar on September 4 of this year. You have made me so interested in the Col de Pau route,that I am going to go that way and have made reservations in Lescun already. I have always wanted to visit Lescun,but it way off-route,but no longer! I have been hiking in the cascades most of my life. I am quite capable of hiking this route alone,but would prefer some company. You were talking about leaving Pau on september 5th,but if you took the train to Orolon,I will be hiking from Lescar on that date. Let me know what you think about things. And,thanks again for telling everyone about this route. Few walk the Argonne,so very very few must go this way. The trail up from Lescun is visible on google maps,so it must be a decent trail.

Hola Beeman, Not long after I wrote the initial posting I bought a ticket to Bilbao not expecting to have any takers on the Luscun to Siresa route. I arrive in Bilbao September 2nd, and probably could take the bus/train to Oloron and get there by the 4th and take a taxi to Lescun. However my entire trip is dependent on how much conditioning I can accomplish before September, and what physical shape I will be in then.. You see I turn 80 in November and sometimes working out with long hikes for conditioning can bring up new physical aging problems. It has been my desire to make this particular crossing for some time now, but my age may be catching up with me to put limits on my hiking. All I can say is that I will keep in touch and let you know my decision by early August. If I return to the Norte, it will be for starting again in Deba where I bailed out last May with pneumonia. Tom

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Hola Beeman, Not long after I wrote the initial posting I bought a ticket to Bilbao not expecting to have any takers on the Luscun to Siresa route. I arrive in Bilbao September 2nd, and probably could take the bus/train to Oloron and get there by the 4th and take a taxi to Lescun. However my entire trip is dependent on how much conditioning I can accomplish before September, and what physical shape I will be in then.. You see I turn 80 in November and sometimes working out with long hikes for conditioning can bring up new physical aging problems. It has been my desire to make this particular crossing for some time now, but my age may be catching up with me to put limits on my hiking. All I can say is that I will keep in touch and let you know my decision by early August. If I return to the Norte, it will be for starting again in Deba where I bailed out last May with pneumonia. Tom
Tom, I will be 75 in August,so am not a spring chicken myself! I have to work to get in shape,but have been walking every other day with my pack,since fall,am am rounding into shape,whatever that means. Do what you can,as I plan to be there. Sincerely,bruce

Oursonpolaire, could you give me the name of the pizza parlor in Lescar. Thanks!

Tom, I will be 75 in August,so am not a spring chicken myself! I have to work to get in shape,but have been walking every other day with my pack,since fall,am am rounding into shape,whatever that means. Do what you can,as I plan to be there. Sincerely,bruce
Tom,by the way,I will be in Orolon on the evening of sept. 4.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Tom, So how is your training going? Hope to hear from you.

I never heard from Tom,but walked from Lescar to Oviedo over Puerto de Palo. The path in France could have been better marked,but was better in Spain. It was a lonely trip over the mountains,and did not see anyone for three days on the trail.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
TaraWalks. Thanks for your interest. Check out previous posts for links to guides. There were people in the pyrenees,but once over into Spain,nobody until camping de silva hostal,which was packed. Then nobody until Hecho. A very private walk. I do not know how to send pictures but wish to. Maybe you can help me.

... I do not know how to send pictures but wish to. Maybe you can help me.
e menu

When posting a reply, click on "Attach Files" and the respective menu that allows you to upload pictures to the forum pops up.
BC SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
SYates. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190906_080059.jpg
    20190906_080059.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20190918_180845.jpg
    20190918_180845.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190910_085650.jpg
    20190910_085650.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20190918_105155.jpg
    20190918_105155.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 20
Trail before Sarrance,parajes,crossing road after summit. At the summit that everyone worries about,I would walk along the road,as the shoulder seems plenty wide,and the reccomended way is steep and slippery,as my companion fell several times.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back